I am finally adventuring somewhere other than bella Italia and I would love some advice. I feel a bit out of my comfort zone as far as distances and transportation modes go!
Into Amsterdam, early am arrival
4 or 5 nts Amsterdam - see Van Gogh & Rijksmuseum (SP?), wander city, canal boat tour, Haarlem and windmills park
train to Cologne - brief sight see cathedral and pick up rental car
drive to Mosel River area
3 nts stay Beilstein - visit Burg Eltz, Cochem, bike, cruise
drive to Bacharach - 2 nts, see a bit of the Rhine
drive thru Black Forrest, stay? 1 nt
drive to Fussen / Reutte - visit castles 3 nts?
fly home from Munich or Frankfurt? Drop car at airport.
How/where to fit in Rothenburg?
Is this a reasonable plan? Some castles, some wine tasting, some churches, hiking, biking. No interest in Baden Baden although people say it's beautiful. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NFL Football Game
- 2 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 3 Airport Transfer
- 4 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 5 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Easter Week in Italy
- 9 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 14 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 15 Moscow Hotels
- 16 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Dublin to Donegal
- 20 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 21 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 24 Barcelona tour option help please
- 25 New Years in France