I will be going to Amsterdam for two nights, then meeting my husband in Dusseldorf. After he works for a few days, we are planning on traveling around Germany for several days.
I will be alone in Amsterdam. I am in my 50's and was in Amsterdam 25 years ago. I would like to stay in a safe, central location, close to museums and restaurants. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but safety and location are the most important things. I was planning on taking a train to Dusseldorf to meet him the third day. Is the train a good idea?
When we leave Dusseldorf, we will have a car and were thinking about traveling down to Cologne, then maybe the Rheingau region? After that, not sure where to go or what to do.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail vs. Plane
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 Self Drive UK tour
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 2 week May trip with kids
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 15 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Which Aran Island??
- 22 Spain or Portugal
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please