Amsterdam - from airport to hotel

Mar 11th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Pat

Amsterdam - from airport to hotel

We have a stop over for 4 days in Amsterdam mid April. I think I have an idea of what to do...however, no matter how much I read about it I can't figure out how we get to our hotel from the airport. We are flying KLM and staying at the Best Western Eden Hotel. I don't think the KLM bus stops there? We will have a few suitcases between the 2 of us. Do we call a taxi or do we take the train or bus to central station and then taxi to hotel? If this is the route are we going to be able to get our suitcases on the trainI can't seem to figure this out and am getting quite concerned. help.
I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
Thanks!

Mar 11th, 2002, 09:18 PM
xxx

Why don't you contact your hotel and ask? Seems simple to me. It would be different if you were just winging it with a backpack.

Mar 11th, 2002, 10:24 PM
John

Getting your bags on the train at Schiphol is a breeze, and from the train to the taxi stand at Centraal Station it's not that bad. But it's something of a hassle - waiting for trains or cabs, sometimes the trains from the airport to Centraal can be SRO, etc., and after a long flight it might not be your cup of tea. A taxi from the airport to the hotel will be more expensive but may well be worth it in wear and tear on your bod and mood.

Mar 12th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Sjoerd

Taxi from the airport to your hotel will be around 30 - 35 euro. Train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal Station is about 4 euro per person, taxi from CS to hotel another 10 euro. I'd just take a taxi from the airport.

Search this Thread