Amsterdam for New Years! - 12/31/03

Aug 28th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Amsterdam for New Years! - 12/31/03

Thinking of travelling to Amsterdam with a group of 2 to 6 people, ages 25-30, for New Years Eve this year. I would imagine now is the time to book...

Looking for some general information about recommended hotels (2-3 star, not hostels) and also specific New Years Eve activities that occur in Amsterdam. What is their proverbial "Times Square Ball Drop?" Any other recommended timely activities? I would love to hear any stories from people who have spent a New Years Eve there...feel free to e-mail me directly with any information. Thanks to all --
Aug 29th, 2003, 01:04 AM

Well, I have lived in A-dam, and first I would like to know what you want???? Hotel??? If you are 6 people, you can always rent a large room (6 beds),at the Flying Pig...... great location...... but sleep???????? or any of the larger hostals..... That's low budget.....

For New Year.... most people will go for Dam square... Rembrant square.... Leidse Square.... (all called square-plein in Dutch). The only bad thing is that most Bars restaurants will only sell a ticket.... from Euro 30 and up for the night and many do not accept people just walking in (pre 12.00)......... That's typical Dutch... for New Year... But if you stay in a "hostal" and YOU NEED TO BOOK NOW !!!!! you will have a great crowd to go out with. How many days in advance will you arrive?
and of course the Red Light District puts up a great show that night.

Search this Thread