Amsterdam Bike Tours

Mar 18th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Amsterdam Bike Tours

Has anyone taken the 4,5 hour bike trip through the tulip fields with the Let's Go Bike Group or the 4 hour Amsterdam bike tour with Mike's Bikes? We will be in Amsterdam the 2nd week of April and appreciate any advice. Walking the Keukenhof Gardens is a third choice.
Dec 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM

topping...
We will be there in March and so far have only found that Mike's Bike Tours will be operating at that time. Plus they depart from the museum near our hotel.
Am thinking we would take the bike tour to see windmill, clogs and cheese rather than a self-tour of Zaanse Schanse.
Comments?
Dec 12th, 2005, 06:47 AM

I have been dreaming about doingg several days of bicycling in that area, for several years.

Please post about your experiences after the trip.

Keith
Dec 12th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Keith,
I will be posting a trip report when we return!
Liz
Dec 12th, 2005, 07:27 PM

jwgmi, I only have experience with Yellow Bike Tours last August and my son and I enjoyed it a lot. My brochure says they operate March until November. We went on their Amsterdam City Bike Tour for 3 hours at a cost of 18,50 Euro each. They also have a Countryside Bike Tour for 6 hours that costs 25,00 Euro each. It says you will bike on top of dykes, will visit a windmill and stop for lunch at an authentic pancakehouse (lunch not included). Check out their web-site for more info: www.yellowbike.nl.