I am going to be in Amsterdam for 2 1/2 days in October. My husband and I would love to rent a bike for casual stroll with stops for a couple hours. We love to ride bikes but are not interested in the longer routes from Amsterdam to other cities, as this would take longer. Nor do we want to deal with the hectic bike traffic from locals within Amsterdam. We simply just want to ride bikes to for a short time to commute within towns rather than walking.
Some of my ideas that would fit into my itinerary are
- Train to Zaans Schans, then rent bikes to get around
- Train to Haarlem, then rent bikes
- Rent bikes in Amsterdam
I would probably do one of the 3 (or more depending on mood/weather). For Zaans Schans and Haarlem, I was having trouble finding bike maps/routes that show the area. Are these towns generally safe and easy to navigate?
If I decide to rent a bike within Amsterdam, where can I find bike maps that show easy rides with minimal biking in vehicle lanes? I am walking or taking trams/ferries during my other days to visit main attractions but if I can find an easy bike path to stroll around the river, then that would be ideal.
Any feedback or advice for easy bike rides or online maps are appreciated!
(This is my first post in the forum!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 beware of robbed in Milan
- 6 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 First time in Spain
- 10 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Once upon a time in Italy
- 14 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 15 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 20 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel