I'm traveling to Amsterdam with a buddy at the end of Sept for a week. We are looking to walk around, see some sights, and hit up the pubs. We are looking to rent an apartment and I was hoping to get some insight regarding a couple locations. One is located the Jordaan region (Anjeliersstraat St) and another is located a little northeast of Vondelpark. We will be enjoying the local night life and don't mind walking around the city. Would one area be better suited than the other? Any other areas for a couple young guys to stay in? Also, one is a houseboat...any advice/experience with those types of apartments would be appreciated. Thank you and feel free to share your tips as I don't know much about Amsterdam (yet).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 2 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 3 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 4 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 5 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 6 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 9 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 Easter Week in Italy
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 Paris November 2017