Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

American living in Monterosso Cinque Terre available to help answer questions or concerns

American living in Monterosso Cinque Terre available to help answer questions or concerns

Aug 29th, 2001, 07:38 AM
sean

Hey there, my name is Sean and I am an American who lives in Monterosso. I have started a walking tour business called Cinque Terre Trek I will be working a couple hours every few days at my friends internet shop and would be glad to help anyone out who is interested in coming here with concerns. I will reply as quickly as I can
Sean

Aug 29th, 2001, 08:04 AM
amy

Sean,
You are very lucky - I stopped by one of the internet places in Monterosso - run by an American woman who is married to a Monterossian - is that where you are working? She was great and helpful - good luck with the business.

Aug 29th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Julie

Thanks for your kind offer. I have followed travel news of the Cinque Terre since it first began to be discovered but have never gotten there. I tried to stay there again this time and found places booked so we'll push on to Camogli. I would, however, like to at least stop on our way up the coast. We'll be coming from Monteriggioni in Tuscany and could either stop on our way to Camogli or double back just to see the Cinque Terre since we'll be spending two days in Camogli. If the former I expect we'd stop to see the most southern of the cities--riomaggiore. If the latter, we'd probably just see the northernmost city--Monterosso. Are either of these plans reasonable? Or will just getting there take too much time? If you had to pick between the two, which would it be? Any other advice given the description of my options. Thanks very much.

Aug 29th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Betsy

Web page of the American woman living in Monterosso is:
http://www.fishnet.it/

Aug 29th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Phoebe

Hi Sean
A friend and I are planning on visiting cinque terre in late september because we have heard so many great things about the villages. Do you have any suggestions on accomodations? Should we try to book now or just show up and try to find a place at the local tourist office? And how do we reserve something long distance - I'm from California. Any suggestions would be much appreciated and maybe we can meet up for a tour when we get to town? grazie!

Aug 29th, 2001, 10:49 AM
xxx.xxx

Are places open all year around?
We plan on visiting in the winter in
November or December. Thanks.

Aug 29th, 2001, 11:26 AM
mmm

What about visiting in mid-end of February? Will hotels/restaurants be open?

Aug 29th, 2001, 12:08 PM
eugenio

Hi there,
my name is Eugenio Bordoni and with my girlfriend have an incoming agency in Manarola(Cinque Terre).We organize travel everywhere you want in Italy, expecially in Liguria.We believe we can satisfy every kind of request you'll make.Our e-mail is ar[email protected]
Saluti from Manarola

Aug 29th, 2001, 02:06 PM
xxxx

We will be there 10/13-16 and have been unable to reserve anything. Would prefer to stay in Vernazza, but would consider Manarola or Riomaggiore. I have emailed, faxed and I am getting no responses. I have been told to just show up and I will find something. I'm not fussy, but would like a private room with bathroom. Should I follow the advice and just show up and take my chances? Like I said, I have my heart set on staying in Vernazza.

Aug 30th, 2001, 12:30 AM
eu

Vernazza is lovely but less furnished than for examples Corniglia or Riomaggiore. If you try to book few days before your arrival it is almost impossible to find what you are looking for.
Ciao

Aug 30th, 2001, 05:04 AM
viktor

What's in your opinion the best place to stay in CT? My friend speaks highly of Vernazza - do you agree this is the best option?

Aug 30th, 2001, 08:25 AM
eu

it depends on you.Monterosso,Vernazza and Riomaggiore present more possibilities to meet people af many countries but are crowded and noisy.IN Manarola,Corniglia there is more silent and a more romantic atmosphere.
Ciao a tutti.

Aug 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
fran

Would you possibly know which of the following hotels , the Continental, Regina Elena and Hotel Laurin,is most upscale and convenient to ferry to POrofino and train to CT?

Aug 30th, 2001, 10:56 AM
xxx.xxx

Yoo hoo Sean, what about the questions on the time of year to visit. Is everything or alot of places closed in the winter, like a beach resort?

Aug 30th, 2001, 12:05 PM
jenn

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I'll be staying in Ventimiglia and renting a car. Is it possible to do a say trip to CT from ventimiglia? I tried to get reservations a couple of places without any luck.

Aug 30th, 2001, 03:57 PM
xxxxx

Iwould still really like to know if anyone can advise on this, should I worry about making a reservation in Vernazza, no luck so far, or just show up and hope for the best. I'll be there 10/13-16. Would I have better luck in Monterroso, Rio M. or Manarola. Getting a little worried. This is the last leg of a 3 week trip and don't want to end on a bad note.

Aug 31st, 2001, 02:29 AM
eu

for xxxx: september is the best month for the weather and the Cinque Terre are always full.It is almost impossible to find a room or an appartment the same day you arrive.We have double room or appartments in Corniglia, Manarola or Riomaggiore.If you'll come on september 10Th you have few days to book.
As you prefer.
Ciao
Eu

Aug 31st, 2001, 05:48 AM
susan

Thanks for all the informations.

Aug 31st, 2001, 07:15 AM
Julie

Are you there Sean? This posting has provided some useful information but none of it from Sean who started it, offering to answer people's questions. Are you there and what do you have to say to the questions posed?

Aug 31st, 2001, 08:24 AM
eu

In winter there is no beach closed but if it rains probably some footpath will be.I'm talking about the footpaths on the sea because there are some nice footpaths upon the hills that are almost always open (EX. Portovenere-Levanto 12h)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO