American in Ireland

Aug 27th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

American in Ireland

Hello. This may be a silly question ... leaving Poland for Ireland in 2 weeks - how long can I stay in Ireland without a visa? And does anyone know anything about getting dual citizenship? My grandparents (on my mother's side) are Scotch. Could I in any way convince the UK to give me a European passport because of my long family line in Scotland?? Thanks for your help!
Aug 27th, 2003, 04:17 AM

If you are a US citizen, take a look at www.travel.state.gov/foreignentryreqs.html, which is run by the US State Dept and gives info on entry requirements for US citizens into virtually every country in the world. I believe a US citizen can enter Ireland visa-free for at least 90 days.

I don't believe the UK offers dual citizenship. Ireland and Italy offer it to children and other descendants of citizens. Check out the homepage of the British embassy in Washington at www.britainusa.com/consular/embassy or the Home Office of the UK Government at http://194.203.40.90/default.asp
Aug 27th, 2003, 07:58 AM

Isabel

You can only get a British Passport if you have a British parent (not grandparent)

sorry

Search this Thread