Reload this Page >

Who has the best deal on the Eurostar

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:16 PM
bernie

I'm thinking of going to Brussels, but I don't know whether to do a day trip or a package. Do,I get a better deal by buying my ticket in the US?

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Rex

You don't say from where - - but presumably you mean from London. And pricing on the Eurostar seems to have many more complicated promotional discounts than most other routes in Europe. So I will not attempt to answer your question.<BR><BR>But I suspect that buying ahead, in the U.S. is NOT your best option.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Ruth

Many of the Eurostar best fares, though, have to be bought 14 days in advance. I don't know if this applies to day trips. Also, they have a limited number of these fares per train, so booking ahead ensures you get the date and/or time that you want.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:43 PM
ttt

ttt<BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Patrick

I've only taken the Eurostar between London and Paris several times, usually buying my tickets once I'm there. But this year four of us will be taking the Eurostar from Brussels to London (just one way) and will not have much opportunity to buy them in advance there. Any suggestions? We will be buying Benelux passes and can get a discount on the Eurostar one way if we buy at the same time. Should that be our best deal?

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Andre

Patrick:<BR><BR>If you go to the Eurostar site (www.eurostar.com), select Belgium as the country and go to the booking section, you can check out local fares. Tix can be booked by credit card and picked up at the station in Brussels until 1/2 hr before departure.<BR><BR>Andre