Amboise, Blois, Auxerre and Strasbourg

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amboise, Blois, Auxerre and Strasbourg

My husband and I are having 3 nights in either Blois or Amboise also Auxerre and Strasbourg. I need help with places to stay. We like 3 star plus, centrally located, comfortable and pretty. Also suggestions on interesting villages to explore close to all of these towns and any short walks in the areas. Thank you for any help.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 02:29 AM

We really liked the Domaine des hauts de Loire, located in Onzain midway between Blois and Amboise. Lovely countryside setting and great restaurant.

In Auzerre we enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Parc de Marechaux, well located near the center. You can get a tourist map and follow the brass markers set in the sidewalk to hit all the high spots in the town. A trip to Vezelay makes for a great day out from Auxerre
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:29 AM

Check out the Hotel Le Manoir les Minimes in Amboise where we have stayed in the past. The best rooms are, IMO, the one(s) with the Loire view.

The place is joined (architecturally) with LeChoiseul next door which some also like.

Very centrally located and within walking distance of the town's various attractions.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:02 AM

I'm a fan of Le Choiseul in Amboise. For a less expensive alternative, check out the Lion d'Or. I would choose Amboise over Blois, though both have their merits. If you stay in Amboise, be sure to check out L'Epicerie, a nice little restaurant in the center of town just below the château.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:12 AM
yk

I also like Amboise more than Blois. It's a nice town to stroll in. We stayed at Le Clos D'Amboise which we really enjoyed. It's not as fancy as the other places recommended above, but if you can afford the larger suite or the superior room, those are quite wonderful. It is right in the center of town and just a 5-min walk to the Chateau.
http://www.leclosamboise.com/UK.asp
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 04:49 PM

I would prefer Amboise over Blois altho twice I have stayed in Onzain - about midway between. Small town. I stayed at Chateau des Tertres (www.chateau-tertres.com) which is less expensive than the Domaine des hauts de Loire