My partner and I are in our early 30's and planning to visit the broad region of "Europe" for the first time in Jan 2018. This will be our 'babymoon' before the crying, screaming, vomiting poop machine is born. We live in Brisbane, Australia, have never been to Europe however have traveled through North America and all through SE Asia, Maldives, etc. We are pretty versatile travelers who enjoy a mix of crowds, sightseeing, shopping and most of all FOOD. We've been known to sacrifice sleep for fun, however with one of us being pregnant we may have to tone it down a bit.
No bookings have been made and time is running out! Our plan is to depart late Dec 2017 or early Jan 2018 for 4 weeks total. Our bucket list cities include:
Iceland - We want to try and catch some 'Northern Lights' but understand they're unpredictable. Alternative locations include Finland, Sweden, Norway, however Iceland appears to be in the right latitude.
Geographically they are all pretty streamlined except for Venice. We'd obviously like to reduce the amount of back tracking to save transit times.
We'd most likely fly Brisbane via Singapore/Dubai into Europe. Maybe Barcelona first??
First 2 weeks:
Barcelona > (worth stopping in southern France somewhere?...in winter?) Venice > Paris >
Amsterdam > London??
Back to Brisbane, Australia.
Curious to see what people's thoughts are in terms of streamlining travel times and destinations....or are there other burning suggestions on cities we should be visiting for our first time there?
How busy is winter in the suggested destinations? We are hoping by early Jan crowds would have settled down a bit? Since we haven't booked anything yet, we are worried Iceland tours/hotels would be booked up already.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland driving in March
- 2 Northern Spain road trip
- 3 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Help with Spain itinerary
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 8 Greece during Easter week or August
- 9 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 12 Where to stay in Naples?
- 13 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Driving
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 19 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 20 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 21 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 22 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 23 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 24 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 25 Ronda by bus in early January?