My partner and I are in our early 30's and planning to visit the broad region of "Europe" for the first time in Jan 2018. This will be our 'babymoon' before the crying, screaming, vomiting poop machine is born. We live in Brisbane, Australia, have never been to Europe however have traveled through North America and all through SE Asia, Maldives, etc. We are pretty versatile travelers who enjoy a mix of crowds, sightseeing, shopping and most of all FOOD. We've been known to sacrifice sleep for fun, however with one of us being pregnant we may have to tone it down a bit.
No bookings have been made and time is running out! Our plan is to depart late Dec 2017 or early Jan 2018 for 4 weeks total. Our bucket list cities include:
Iceland - We want to try and catch some 'Northern Lights' but understand they're unpredictable. Alternative locations include Finland, Sweden, Norway, however Iceland appears to be in the right latitude.
Geographically they are all pretty streamlined except for Venice. We'd obviously like to reduce the amount of back tracking to save transit times.
We'd most likely fly Brisbane via Singapore/Dubai into Europe. Maybe Barcelona first??
First 2 weeks:
Barcelona > (worth stopping in southern France somewhere?...in winter?) Venice > Paris >
Amsterdam > London??
Back to Brisbane, Australia.
Curious to see what people's thoughts are in terms of streamlining travel times and destinations....or are there other burning suggestions on cities we should be visiting for our first time there?
How busy is winter in the suggested destinations? We are hoping by early Jan crowds would have settled down a bit? Since we haven't booked anything yet, we are worried Iceland tours/hotels would be booked up already.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 2 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 3 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 4 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 5 South of France
- 6 5 days in Andalusia
- 7 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 11 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 12 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 13 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 14 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 15 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 16 Help with Spain itinerary
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 20 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 21 paris to london- day trip
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 24 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 25 Family vacation