My partner and I are in our early 30's and planning to visit the broad region of "Europe" for the first time in Jan 2018. This will be our 'babymoon' before the crying, screaming, vomiting poop machine is born. We live in Brisbane, Australia, have never been to Europe however have traveled through North America and all through SE Asia, Maldives, etc. We are pretty versatile travelers who enjoy a mix of crowds, sightseeing, shopping and most of all FOOD. We've been known to sacrifice sleep for fun, however with one of us being pregnant we may have to tone it down a bit.
No bookings have been made and time is running out! Our plan is to depart late Dec 2017 or early Jan 2018 for 4 weeks total. Our bucket list cities include:
Iceland - We want to try and catch some 'Northern Lights' but understand they're unpredictable. Alternative locations include Finland, Sweden, Norway, however Iceland appears to be in the right latitude.
Geographically they are all pretty streamlined except for Venice. We'd obviously like to reduce the amount of back tracking to save transit times.
We'd most likely fly Brisbane via Singapore/Dubai into Europe. Maybe Barcelona first??
First 2 weeks:
Barcelona > (worth stopping in southern France somewhere?...in winter?) Venice > Paris >
Amsterdam > London??
Back to Brisbane, Australia.
Curious to see what people's thoughts are in terms of streamlining travel times and destinations....or are there other burning suggestions on cities we should be visiting for our first time there?
How busy is winter in the suggested destinations? We are hoping by early Jan crowds would have settled down a bit? Since we haven't booked anything yet, we are worried Iceland tours/hotels would be booked up already.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 2 YAHOO @ Password Recovery CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h 24\7 care
- 3 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 4 Scotland ideas
- 5 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 paris to london- day trip
- 8 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 9 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 10 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 11 Tips for first trip to UK
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 15 Portugal
- 16 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 17 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 20 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy