Amazing Race starts this Sunday!

Sep 25th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Amazing Race starts this Sunday!

As usual, an interesting mix. Seems to be a few more traveled and mulitlingual teams, athletes, and then the vegans ( I can see a food tasting in their future), non-traveled,beauty queens, fatherson, man with Asberger, and an 'uber-agressive' guy (explosions ahead)
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Thanks, Michel. It wasn't on my radar screen, and I'm quite a fan.
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:03 AM

We always watch the AR. It's addicting.

Ms_go and I like to watch as if we're a team. "I'll do that challenge, you do the next one!" or "Ew, there's no way I'd do that...it's yours!"

We'd actually make a fairly good AR team, methinks. We even started to fill out the application once. But man, that was the most invasive questionnaire of all time... stuff you'd never tell your priest, bartender or therapist!
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

I'm glad they've not redone any celeb race, or that family race.

I'd still like them to add in a bit more challenges to the inter-site trips. It's always "the race to the airport". I'd give them a destination and say "get there". The destination would not be near an airport. It would be up to the teams to figure out the best way to get there...train,bus,boat. Let's see how independant they can think
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:45 AM

I really like this show (especially when it's in Europe) but I can't help but thinking how much energy is being wasted flying all those people around without much purpose other than the big payoff.

Rick
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:58 AM

The destination would not be near an airport. It would be up to the teams to figure out the best way to get there...train,bus,boat. Let's see how independant they can think

I like this idea. Make it a different set of teams each week, and drop them off someplace WAY off the beaten path, tell them they have to get to X landmark in Y city 7000 miles away, and hand each team $100 worth of the local currency. First team to arrive, by whatever means necessary, wins $100,000.

$100 isn't nearly enough to do the job, so teams would have to get creative in a hurry.
Sep 25th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Exactly Mr_G. I'd like to see a bit more "creativity" from the teams. Some if this happens when life intrudes (car accident,etc..). Although I found the episodes where the losing teams had to forfeit their money and beg a bit uncomfortable.
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:29 PM

I Love the Amazing Race! Can't wait till it starts again. Some of those locations I wouldn't do too well in, but it's fun watching them do it.Greg
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:45 PM

I definitely would have missed the first episode if it wasn't for your post, THANK YOU!