Apr 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Amazing Race 9 - April 5

My favorite quote of the night: "Bloody Fish Barbie"

Keith
Apr 5th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Second best: "Its the worst thing I've ever done!"

I don't think she is ready to have children.

Keith
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Talk about wimpy-I kept saying to my husband that she needed to get over it. Am I the only person thrilled that they made it to Ortigia(Siracusa's old city) where my daughter is spending her junior year abroad in college? The final stop at the harbor was 3 blocks from her apartment. Can't wait to talk to her tomorrow and tell her even though it was filmed last fall.
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Those frat boyz are pretty hard to contain, and may end up taking the race. Given they've had limited travel experience, they are doing exceptionally well.

I'm still rooting for the hippies, and it's refreshing to see that they seem genuinely happy in whatever spot they place on the mat. That is, it doesn't seem to bother them that they don't get the first place prize (trips, car, etc.) whereas the frat boyz greedily await their reward.

The Fran's husband (Barry?) is really starting to get on my nerves. I only noticed last nite how most of the moaning and groaning comes from him - it's irritating to hear since it isn't constructive in moving their team forward. I'm surprised they lasted this long. I think their saving grace is Fran's ability to read a map (most of the time).

Still a great show. Enjoy-la!
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Fran & Barry are my least favorite at this point.

Keith
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM

I agree quite a bit of grief was coming from Barry and it was annoying, but last night was the first I noticed it. Fran is very supportive and calming.

But Lake takes the cake for me. He is so downright rude, ignorant and vulgar that he repulses me. I root for them to drop lower each week...
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:09 AM

Forgot to mention...

Did you notice how strong Ray is?!! He carried that fish with one arm, and did you see how far he was from the net when he threw the ball (single hand throw) into the kayak polo net!! Wow, I was impressed...LOL!

I thought it was funny when he capsized and you could see the rescuers swimming out to him to help him get back in.

Enjoy-la!
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:17 AM

This show is great. We love the new time slot! The hippies and the frat boys make us laugh. Lake scares me! I know some may say his wife is really in "control" of that relationship. I dont' care, he is rude, disrespectful and his comments are out of line. I love how he takes credit for something his wife did! They have got to go. I was sad to see Lori and Dave leave. Did anyone find Joseph's frustration at the fish market funny!
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:22 AM

Would someone please tell Fran and Bary to buy a map or ask someone for directions. Geez they are clueless. Too bad about the nerds, but they were getting annoying. And will someone please get Lake-like-a-sewer out of there! He is so incredibly obnoxious, I wish Michelle would just smack him.
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM

Did anyone notice that Fran was using a Lonely Planet Italy book last night? Where did she get that as you cannot find English language ones overseas very easily especially in Sicily.Something is fishy!!!!!
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM

You can generally pick up a Lonely Planet book at any large airport or train station. (Never been to Italy, so I could be dead wrong.)
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Good episode last night. I can't wait for Greece next week though!!
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM

I really enjoyed the scenery and the small towns of Sicily as I haven't been there...yet. I thought it was funny when the hippies created the sign in sheet and it confused the hell out of the frat boys. The hippies were so close they could hear them talking about not honoring the line. Boy were they caught. The hippies are definitely showing a little bit more of their true intelligence I think.
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:53 AM

Someone needs to tell Michelle that her bra-thong is most unattractive.

I cringed every time they showed her.
Apr 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM

What is that thing that Lake and Michelle were wearing on their chests last night? Yuck! Well, Lake without his shirt on - double yuck!

I could see why Monica was breaking down with the fish. I would probably do the same thing. As I told my husband - I think she just needed a nap.
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

chepar, Some of us are hoping she keeps wearing it.

Keith
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:21 AM

I agree wholeheartedly about the bra-thong!! What was that thing?

I think that Monica had just reached her breaking point, tired, feeling lost and covered with fish guts. It's amazing how no sleep will make the small problems seem gigantic!

I wish they would add one of those seek and find tasks (the locks and key, coffee bean in Costa Rica). That would hopefully throw the frat boyz off and make it more of a race. It's starting to feel like a race to not be last since the fratz and hippies are always so far ahead.
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM

as a contemporary, I'm beginning to get embarassed for Barry..he's losing it. Is he one of the Americans who would wear that sleeveless T in places like Paris, London, Rome...ugh! They seems so oblivious, it's a dam wonder they've gotten this far. I predict next week will be their last.

The "hippies" are really enjoying themselves...seems like so few couples really do..what a shame. DW and I are rooting for them.

Anytime I lose my cool on future journeys, I can be sure DW will be calling me "Lake"...(among other things!)
Good show this year!
Stu T.
Apr 6th, 2006, 12:53 PM

tower, I thought I was the only one who noticed Barry in it...yes, yuck!

As for the bra-thong...I think that was their "money belt". I wonder how Michelle can wear it...looked pretty uncomfortable but it sure did frame her assets - I had never noticed them before...LOL!

Enjoy-la!
Apr 6th, 2006, 12:57 PM

I think the "bra-thong" is the microphone that they all have to wear, although it seems like an odd way to wear it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO