Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

AMALFI OR CAPRI, WHERE IS BETTER TO STAY?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:15 PM
jamie

GOINT TO AMALFI OR CAPRI?, WHERE IS BETTER TO STAY. FACTOR IN PRICE SMALL, BUT MORE CONCEREND ABOUT ACCESSABILITY TO THINGS? <BR>

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:20 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Good afternoon, Jamie <BR>Personally have to pick Capri, due to <BR>I feel the area around the Pza Umberto <BR>and in the Pza itself, has a very good <BR>nite life, in both instances views from the hotel rooms can be excellant, <BR>hotels reasonably the same in price and <BR>quality. Richard of LaGrange Park, IL.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:23 PM
Linda

For accessability, you should stay in Amalfi. Capri is an island (of course) and you have to take a boat to get anywhere. But, have you considered Positano, or--for even better accessibility--Sorrento? From there you can get to the entire Amalfi coast by bus, to Naples by train or bus, and to Capri by ferry. Positano has more charm but less to do. I'd seriously consider Sorrento. And, Jamie, please take off your caps lock. It sounds/looks like you are shouting at us.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:25 PM
Katherine

Sorrento. Far more accessable to all the many things to see and do. My favorite hotel is www.aminta.it

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
Linda

Katherine, can you tell me more about the Aminta? I'm looking for a nice place to stay next year.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:15 PM
CJ

My vote is for Capri -- to me, it is heaven on earth. It is so gorgeous, there is world class shopping (Gucci, Fendi, etc.), amazing restaurants. I could go on and on. During the day, we would rent a boat to see the grottos, lie by the pool, or go to the beach. Then shop a bit. Then go back to our hotel (the Quisisana, which is fabulous), dress for dinner, and then go to the piazzeta to get a pre-dinner cocktail. I tell you, it is HEAVEN! You can always take a daytrip to see the Amalfi coast, which is not as intimate or exciting in my book.