I have already found so much fantastic information on this forum for planning our first trip to Italy, thank you! But I have a few questions about one section of our trip:
May 15 we are traveling from Orvieto (Tuscany) to the Amalfi Coast. We will have a rental car for the Tuscany portion of our trip and do not want to keep it for the Amalfi Coast.
So, our original plan was to drive from Orvieto, stop in Pompeii and then drop the car in Sorrento. We would stay 3 nights in Sorrento and use it as our base for the Amalfi Coast.
I have now decided that I would like to spend 2 of those nights in Positano which means one night in Sorrento and then taking the bus to Positano the next day. I would like to avoid a one night stay if possible and was wondering if it's too much to go to Pompeii, drop the car in Sorrento and then get to Positano all in one day. I thought I should ask the experts before I end up with a completely exhausting, impossible day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arezzo - how much time?
- 2 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 3 Sleep at Heathrow
- 4 9 day trip to France
- 5 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 6 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 9 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 10 Keukenhaf
- 11 Netherlands- Texel
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 18 2 week May trip with kids
- 19 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 20 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Rail vs. Plane
- 23 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 24 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 25 Paris November 2017