Amalfi Coast-Positano

Feb 11th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Amalfi Coast-Positano

Hi,
We are going to Rome for 4 days and have decided to take the train to Naples to Sorrento. Our hotel is in Positano. Should we take a cab,bus or private driver? Could someone help me regarding costs,time etc. and from where in Sorrento we would depart.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Tom
Feb 11th, 2006, 09:10 AM

We took the train from Rome to Naples and got a private driver to take us (2 couples plus luggage) from Naples train station to Positano in a Mercedes minivan - cost was about 110 Euros as I recall. I'm don't know what the cost would be from Sorrento. We got our driver through Francesco Marrapese (he wasn't available fo that trip but did take us on a tour of Amalfi Coast the next day). His web site is:
http://www.francescomarrapese.com/

You could also take the ferry from Naples to Positano (but a cab from Naples train station to Naples ferry dock).

KC
Feb 11th, 2006, 09:54 AM

Sorrento is about half an hour drive from Positano, and it usually costs about half of whatever the charge is from Naples-Positano.

Along with Francesco, I would also highly recommend the Giovannii (dad) and Giancarlo (son) Gargiulo who are based in Sorrento. Our trips with them have been real highlights of our stays in Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast!

They can be reached at: tourofitaly.com

Have a great time!

Just reread your post. If you're not planning on staying Sorrento, I'd advise getting picked up in Naples.

Search this Thread