Amalfi Coast in April

Old Jan 17th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amalfi Coast in April

Hi. We will be traveling to Rome for a wedding the first week in April. We would like to travel to the Coast from there, but I know its off season. Has anyone gone this time of year, and what is open. We are traveling with our kids who are in their 20's so need some fun things and nightlife. I know we wont be able to swim in the grottos but will boats still be running to visit the blue grotto. We will only be on the coast for four nights. We were thinking of staying in Sorrento for one night then traveling to Capri for the rest of that time. Any thoughts/????
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 05:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed in Positano one year in April. It was sunny, but chilly. I had to ask our hotel to turn some heat on. As you say it was off season and the town was painting and freshening up getting ready for the season. We took a boat to Capri which was running every day. Many of the restaurants & shops were open.
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two years ago, We stayed in Sorrento the second week of April, for 4 days. The weather was fantastic during the day, and was a little cool at night. Many people (kids) were swimming in the Med., but I only swam in the pool. The grottos were closed due to a large swell, but Capri was awesome to explore. We took a boat tour to Positano and Amalfi and the towns weren't busy at all, and everything was open. We also took the train to see Pompeii and Vesuvius.
I can't comment on the nightlife, as our 10 yr old didn't have a fake ID.
Enjoy!

OTD