Reload this Page >

amalfi coast: ideas for hotels with own beach for a couple with four year old

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Linda

in sept. will be attending a wedding in ravello and plan to stay two weeks and tour. we need a good inexpensive hotel in area anywhere from positano to maiori which is good for little kids and has its own beach. here is hoping for lots of suggestions! we plan to rent a car for several days for our sightseeing trips and otherwise, will go by foot. is this an ok idea?

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:13 PM
dave

topping

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Vincenzo

Linda,<BR>I suggest you hotel Miramare in Maiori. It cannot be on the beach because there is the road but it is just on the opposite site of the road and has its related beach. As your period is September, it should be very good for your child and your budget.<BR>Have a nice trip.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Gabrielle

Do you have to stay in Ravello? It is a pretty boring place and we looked at lots of hotels and found it hard to find a nice one when we got there. It seems to me that the Italian hotels are mostly stuck in a bit of a 60s time warp and most of the ones we stayed in needed a good makeover - France on the other hand was full of quaint and interesting little places to stay - I guess it all depends on how much you have to spend on accomodation. A word of warning when grabbing a cab in Italy - the flagfall is about $9US evcen if you travel one mile (it happened to me in Sorrento - I could see the hotel in the distance but my legs would carry me no further - It was nearly $20 AUS for that bit of laziness - enjoy your trip - Gabrielle

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Janda

You may not like this advice, but believe me it is very wise.<BR>LEAVE THE 4 YEAR OLD AT HOME !!!<BR>Time and time again I see people dragging crying children around Italy. They would rather be at home playing at home...<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:22 PM
CB

Last September I stayed at the Hotel Buca di Bacco in Positano (www.bucadibacco.it/welcomeing.htm). Very nice hotel, excellant breakfast and we liked the location because it was right on the beach. No need to take a bus or hike to the beach like so many other hotels (which I understand are quite nice) in the hills of the Amalfi coast. It cost approximately $180 USD per night at the time. We had a beautiful room with a terrace and a view of the sea (which we had to request).<BR><BR>It is a beautiful area--enjoy! <BR>CB

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Rhonda

Hi Linda - we're looking into this place with our family. Looks lovely but I don't have personal experience with it.<BR><BR>http://www.initaly.com/agri/beach/beach.htm