Search

Amalfi Coast & Capri Honeymoon! -Brainstorm-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amalfi Coast & Capri Honeymoon! -Brainstorm-

This is very preliminary...

What do you think of a Honeymoon to Capri and the Amalfi Coast?

I'm going to Italy/Norway this summer with 2 other girls...and our Italy portion may be getting trimmed to Northern Italy. I really want to see Amalfi and have heard Capri is beautiful! And thoughout my planning of this girls trip, he's been saying 'I want to come, it looks wodnerful!' He'd LOVE to see Pompeii and Herculaneum...it'd be a good area for us to be.

Time frame would be mid-late October.
How would the weather be?
Romantic?
Nice places to stay for the occasion?
How about estimated cost...this is a big one if you could throw something out there
(We'd fly out of Seattle WA probably.)
Want to see:
Capri
Amalfi Coast
Pompeii
Herculaneum
Any others?!

Also...could we make the experience 'Once in a Lifetime'? I really want my HM to be something I'll never forget...and something unusual, that I'd never do again....

I know it's broad but it's preliminary thinking...help me out here
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM

You have chosen one of the most beautiful areas in the world; why wouldn't it be "once in a lifetime"? I'm sure you could arrange some activities to make it super special, but I tend to think that the area is special enough.

I suppose a good place to start would be with air. I have no experience with flying from WA, but you might want to allow for 2K or more.

Rooms aren't cheap on the AC or in Capri. We had a clean and pleasant room on Capri for about 110 euro, but that wasn't once in a lifetime material. More like serviceable.

We did once have a splurge stay in Positano that was around 250 euro a night.

You will probably encounter rain at the end of October. Maybe not everyday, but I guess I wouldn't spring for a place with a pool for late in October.

Is it romantic? Very.

Prices? All over the map. Depends on what you want to spend.

For Pompeii, I might base in Sorrento, or visit Pompeii on your way to or from the AC and/or Capri.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM

The Amalfi Coast/Capri is perfect honeymoon territory. The simplest flight (shortest, fewest stops/changes) out of Seattle is on AirFrance via Paris. Costs right now about $1250 per person; may change in the upcoming months.

Honeymooners like Positano as a base. Mid-late October is pushing it weatherwise. Early October is better.

You need to give us a budget for hotels.

Another fabulous sight close to the AC is Paestum, with very well preserved Greek temples. Some people like to climb Mt. Vesuvius. But if you're from around Seattle (as I am), you're probably not a newbie to volcanoes.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Hmmm....never heard of Paestum, sounds interesting.

We'd really like to do warm weather...but the enchantment of Italy would compensate I'm sure

Thank you two for your posts, I'll talk to him tonight and I'll be back with more guidlines...

Thanks!
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

We did end up visitng Amalfi and Capri on our trip last summer. And I am hooked. Not so much on Capri...it was too touristy for me, but Amalfi, wow.

We stayed at the Il Nido in sorrento and I would 100% return there for my honeymoon....

Now if only I could decide between all the places I want to see!!