Getting ready to begin finalizing our trip for Italy, beginning May 15th ending around the 31st (or perhaps June 2-3 if needed).....
Seems this will be the least busy time when comparing may through august months....?
Not sure when in June it becomes crazy there, but if anybody knows this, that would be great to know....
Schedule so far: (not booked yet, just on hold):
fly into naples arrriving 11 am.
take hydrofoil to sorrento (waiting to hear if this boat running in May....?) have emailed them
spend two nights in sorrento...taking a day trip to capri during this timeframe.
one night in Positano.....
one last night >? not sure if we will need 4 nights or if 3 is plenty...kind of feel like we would be rushing if only 3.....
take hydrofoil back to naples OR train.....our destination is not naples but rather Rome for 3 nights.
pick up a rental car to drive into tuscany umbria areas for 4 nights.
drive to chianti and drop car? not sure if there will be anyplace to do this....if not, then florence. staying in florence one night.
train to pisa, (to spend a few hours) then train onto to Cinque Terre, for 2-3 nights.
train or bus back down to siena, then to argentario area to stay at a spa for one night....
return to rome for flight out.
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 2 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 5 Help with Venice Trip?
- 6 Dubrovnik
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 9 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 Norte Dame light show!
- 16 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Greece in end October
- 23 Champagne Tours
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg