I'm extremely excited for my upcoming vacation to Spain, which begins when I arrive into the Barcelona airport at 7:00am on Saturday. We will be spending our first 3 nights at a Bed & Breakfast in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava so will rent a car at the airport and drive up the coast. Does anyone familiar with the area have suggestions for scenic stops to make along the way to Calella de Palafrugell? First, I imagine we'll want to stop somewhere for breakfast - what makes sense from the airport? We'll be hungry, for sure! I hope to arrive at the B&B by early-mid afternoon following any recommended detours en route.
Tossa de Mar jumps out at me as a stopping place (hopefully parking not too tricky for a few hours) but maybe there are better ideas?
Once we arrive at the B&B I plan to get further recommendations for our time in the region - restaurants, excursions, etc. It is with this first glimpse of Spain that I need some advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 beware of robbed in Milan
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 17 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring