Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Kinsale, Killarney & Beara Penninsula - restaurant suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Meg

Hello, <BR> <BR>Can anyone share any exceptional restaurant suggestions in Kinsale, along the Beara Penninsula or in Killarney? Mainly I'd love a few recommendations for moderately priced, yet unusual places but we'll also want to go out for at least one fine-dining experience. Thanks!

Old May 12th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Edmond O`Flaherty

Dinner in the main dining room in Sheen Falls Hotel,Kenmare is classical French cuisine at its best.It is relatively expensive but well worth it.You can visit their web site at www.sheenfallslodge.ie. <BR>In Killarney I like dinner in Hotel Europe.You should go for dinner at about 7pm and you can get a view of the sun setting over the largest of Killarney`s lakes as you eat. <BR>For lunch it is hard to beat the self-service restaurant at Muckross House. <BR>

Old May 12th, 2001, 02:57 PM
Dick Hardy

From Kinsale, drive up to Ballymaloe House in Shanagary. It's famous throughout the world. Reservations essential.

Old May 14th, 2001, 03:44 AM
Meg

Thank you Edmond & Dick. I'll have to check those out!

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Harriett

While we were in Kinsale last October, we had a superb lunch at Blue Haven - both the seafood chowder and the mussels were excellent. Also in Kinsale you might visit Giles Norman's photography studio - beautiful work from all around Ireland. And be sure to stop in some small pubs for lunch and order the cheese plates or plowman's lunch - the cheeses we had were superb!