Reload this Page >

alternative sights

Search

alternative sights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 08:50 AM
tamm

alternative sights

My boyfriend and I have scheduled our first trip to Paris this March. In our attempts to soak up as much culture as we possibly can in a week, I was hoping to find some things to do that are not the typical tourist attractions. This includes everything from little tucked away churches/cemeteries to shopping. I would especially appreciate any information on the nightlife as information of this sort always seems to be out of date by the time it's printed. <BR> <BR>Also, does anyone have any experience with the hotel, Tulip Inn Saint-Germain? <BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 09:22 AM
elvira

Place von Furstenburg/Delacroix museum <BR>Place Dauphin at tip of Ile de la Cite <BR>Tour the Assemble Nationale <BR>"villages" in the 20th arrondissement <BR>16th arrondissement near le Corbusier Fondation for outstanding architecture <BR>Vanves flea market <BR>Rue Mouffetard outdoor market <BR>boat trip on Canal St Martin <BR>wander into any neighborhood church <BR>Hotel de Ville <BR>place Gallieni for the only pieces left of the Bastille prison

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 10:01 AM
Bob Brown

Thanks Marna. I was working on a "next time around" list for Paris just today. Your input was timely for me, too.

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 09:11 AM
tammy

thanks elvira for your suggestions. this forum has been a very valuable resource for me.

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 10:35 AM
carol

Check the TimeOut Paris website. They always seem to have the most up to date information about nightlife. Whatever else you do, don't miss Sainte-Chapelle--you'll never forget it--see if there's a concert scheduled there when you're in Paris. Don't forget to build in wandering time for yourselves--on the left bank in St. Germain and the Latin Quarter, on the right bank in the Marais, Ile-St. Louis and Ile de la Cite, near the old Opera Garnier and the Palais Royal. Have a wonderful time. <BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 04:26 PM
Donna

I would add: <BR> <BR>Musee Marmottan <BR>Rooftop of La Samaritaine <BR>Paristoric <BR>The Passages <BR>Place de la Contrascarpe <BR>The cemetary in Montparnasse <BR>Fontaine de Medicis <BR> <BR>Our favorite pastime after dark was sitting on the terrace at Chez Francis.