Almalfi Coast Questions

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Emily

Almalfi Coast Questions

My husband and I are going to be in a small town called Chivita at the end of April for week. Chivita is one hour north of Rome. We are then thinking about going down to the Almalfi coast for a few days. We have a total of five days but have no idea where to go or what to do. We could go more to Northern Italy as well but we think its going to be too cold. We have been to Florence Rome and Venice but nowhere else in Italy. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 12:49 PM
sandy

my husband and I were there a few years ago and are going again this fall. we drove from rome to sorrento in about 3 hours with stopping. you can also take the train. we stayed in sorrento and took hydrofoil to capri. these 2 towns were worth the trip.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Laurel

You will love this area-Sorrrento is a good base for getting to Naples, Capri, points on the Amalfi Coast by hydrofoil.
From there, you can also have easy access to buses that go the towns along the coast, or hire a guide to show you the area, which can really enhance your experience. I have visited the Amalfi Coast several times recently (including early April).
Please give an idea of your budget and specific interests to get more helpful suggestions!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 01:45 PM
xxx

I'm going to be staying the end of March for a few days in Praiano. I don't know much about the area. Can anyone fill me in.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 04:11 PM
az

xxx-do a google search on "praiano italy". it will give you ~ 10,00 hits.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 04:22 PM
John

Hi Emily,

The Amalfi Coast (actually the general Naples area) is worth a month.

Pompeii, Paestum, Caserta, Ercolano, Capodimente and on and on and on.

Naples is a good base, Capri for a day or so, Sorrento is good, Positano/Amalfi/Ravello, Vietra Su Mare, Ischica and on and on and on.

Doing a search on these names is a good place to start for research.

Have a great time.