Almalfi Coast Beach Hotels?

Jun 24th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Almalfi Coast Beach Hotels?

Does anyone know of a Hotel on the beach with a pool on the Almalfi Coast.

A website would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Jun 24th, 2003, 09:27 AM

Cove di Saraceni and the San Pietro in Positano. Also, I believe there is a hotel around the corner from Cove di Saraceni that is right on a small beach. The Santa Catarina in Amalfi is on the water and has steps over the boulders into the water but it's not exactly a beach.
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:29 AM

The answer will depend on your budget and what town you prefer. Hotels with pools that are also on the water will be hard to find; the Santa Caternia, mentioned above, is a fabulous hotel on the cliffs above the sea. The have a pool on the rocks by the sea (pool is saltwater), you can also just jump into the Med from there, which is bascially unique to the Amalfi Coast hotels. I like to visit Positano, but wouldn't want to stay there. All the beaches on the coast are rocky, not sandy, so don't expect a white sand beach. The beach at Positano is pebbly, I wasn't aware that the Cove had a pool on the beach, but it may have. In any event, the beach there is really part of the marinia and did not look fun for swimming. Depending on your price range, I would suggest you look into the Santa Caternina.
Jun 30th, 2003, 04:30 AM

The answer will depend on your budget and what town you prefer. Hotels with pools that are also on the water will be hard to find; the Santa Caternia, mentioned above, is a fabulous hotel on the cliffs above the sea. The have a pool on the rocks by the sea (pool is saltwater), you can also just jump into the Med from there, which is bascially unique to the Amalfi Coast hotels. I like to visit Positano, but wouldn't want to stay there. All the beaches on the coast are rocky, not sandy, so don't expect a white sand beach. The beach at Positano is pebbly, I wasn't aware that the Cove had a pool on the beach, but it may have. In any event, the beach there is really part of the marinia and did not look fun for swimming. Depending on your price range, I would suggest you look into the Santa Caternina. Their website is hotelsantacaterina.it, or go through Leading Hotels of the World website at lhw.com.

Jun 30th, 2003, 05:39 PM

Here's a website that could be helpful:
positanoonline.com

It also has links for Amalfi, Praiano, Ravello and Sorrento.

It doesn't take much to figure out these web sites, and you'll be able to obtain a listing of hotels with direct links to most.

Hope this helps!
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:09 AM

Gran Hotel Tritone in Praiano, about 15 minute drive to Positano. Private beach, great food, beautiful rooms
Jul 10th, 2003, 09:17 AM
ira

Hi,

You might find the Onda Verde in Praiano suitable.

http://www.ondaverde.it/hoteli.htm
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:34 PM
mlr

I would suggest the Hotel L'Ancora (many postings on this site) in Positano. We stayed there in June and had a wonderful two bedroom, two bath suite (we are a family of four), with sea view terrace. It was wonderful. Five minute walk down to the beach. We had a great day on the beach at Positana (yes it is pebbly, but the water was warm!) and had pool priviledges at the Covo since it is the L'Ancora's "sister" hotel. We spent a lazy afternoon there as well. Fabulous view there, nice bar...what more could you want?
Jul 10th, 2003, 04:42 PM

My husband and I have just returned from 5 weeks in Italy and we spent 7 nights on the Amalfi coast. We stayed at the Hotel Onda Verde and were disappointed. We found it very noisy and the service seriously lacking. We would have changed hotels if we could have. We did notice Hotel Tritone and that looked very nice. We did find Praiano was a good location to stay. All we had to do was jump on a Sita bus and we could go anywhere along the coast in either direction. Also we hired scooters whch was a fantastic way to see the coast.
Jul 11th, 2003, 03:30 AM
ira

Thanks for the posting JM.

Where did you find the scooters?
Jul 11th, 2003, 04:19 AM

Hope you're not looking for any sandy beaches on the Amalfi coast. As far as I know, none exist.

We stayed at the Luna Convento in Amalfi. It has a pool built out on the rocks along the shore...but the pool is only open in the summer. The rooms literally hang out over the sea and it's a beautiful place. Here's the link:

http://www.lunahotel.it/

We also stayed at Le Sirenuse in Positano. It was a little more elegant, but not as charming. Generally we found Amalfi more interesting than Positano. Here's the link to Le Sirenuse:

http://www.sirenuse.it

Good luck with your planning!