Justice Gate of Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus . Based on Google maps, I can see that it is about 1.5km or 20min walk. If I am not mistaken, it's all downhill, is it not? I cannot tell whether it would be best to walk or take a taxi from the gates to the spa. According to the map, it looks like using a car would take much longer than walking. Or is the map showing the driving route for "private" cars and city taxis are allowed to take a short cut? My question is should we walk OR should we use a taxi?
Justice Gate - Hammam al Andalus
Walk -- https://goo.gl/maps/tFB9DC7yBG22
Car (Taxi ??) -- https://goo.gl/maps/FvMVbdzZsxz
The reason I'm asking is because I'm still juggling different options for our two days in Granada and my biggest issue is a visit to a Hammam spa. On one of the days, I want to add a 2-hour visit to the Hammam al Andalusu ( Hammam Al Ándalus Arab Baths, Calle Santa Ana, 16, 18009 Granada, Spain / http://granada.hammamalandalus.com) . Out of all sessions, 4-6pm seems to be the best to try-- it would allow us to return to the hotel for a short rest and change of clothes before going out for dinner.
I've considered doing the spa on our first day in Granada. But with an arrival to Granada around 12pm, we would at most get about 3.5 hours for sightseeing AND lunch. Even a quick lunch would still end up being 60 -75min. So I feel that we won't have enough time to see the Cathedral + Royal Chapel + Albaicin, would we? Check in around 18.30h. Dinner with an Alhambra view around 20.00h.
Which of these options sounds better?
12.00h arrive in Granada from Malaga (drop off our luggage at the hotel Victoria)
12.00-13.30 Cathedral + Royal Chapel
14.45-18.00 Spa Hammam Al Andalus
18.30 Check in at the hotel
19.30 Depart for dinner at one of the Carmen Restaurants (maybe Restaurante Estrellas de San Nicolas).
Second option: To do the Spa after the visit to the Alhambra on our 2nd day.
09.30 -10.30 Generalife
11.00 - 11.30 Alcazaba
11.30 - 13.30 Nasrid Palaces + Partal gardens (11.30h entrance means we must enter by 12.00h)
13.45-15.15h Lunch at the Parador restaurant
15.15-15.45 Walk OR take a taxi to the Spa
15.45-18.00 Spa Hammam al Andalus
18.30-19.30 Rest at the hotel
19.30 Tapas dinner near the hotel
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 3 Poland--where else to go
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Help with Spain itinerary
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 16 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 19 South of France
- 20 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19