Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Albergo Santa Chiara (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/albergo-santa-chiara-496304/)

wvfan Jan 18th, 2005 06:29 AM

Albergo Santa Chiara

We are planning a trip to Rome in June and are looking at Albergo Santa Chiara hotel. Has anyone stayed here before?
Thanks!!

MFNYC Jan 18th, 2005 07:16 AM

Many, many here have. DO a text search on 'santa chiara', you'll find tons of comments (mostly positive). We stayed in their quad room 4 years ago and it was fine. The location is great.

Giovanna Jan 18th, 2005 08:57 AM

Here are two more satisfied customers! We stayed there on our last visit to Rome in 2002. The location is terrific, staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast room very pleasant and the included breakfast quite extensive. The only thing on the minus side was the telephone booth size shower. Other than that the bathroom was fine. We would definitely stay there again.

wvfan Jan 19th, 2005 01:11 PM

Thanks for the help. We will report in after our trip!

rbnwdln Jan 19th, 2005 02:22 PM

Do you mind my asking how much you are paying? We have booked two rooms at the Hotel Due Torri and although we love this hotel it is the only place we've stayed in Rome and would like to try something different.

tuscanlifeedit Jan 19th, 2005 02:45 PM

rbnwdln
In turn, can I ask how much you are paying at the Due Torri? We liked that hotel, too, but we thought that for the same price, our rooms at the Portoghesi, which is basically the same location, were nicer.

The Due Torri room we had was basically a little shabby in decor. The same priced rooms at the Portoghesi (185 E, I think) were nicer.

I would go back to the Due Torri if I could get a better rate. I liked all the nice ladies that worked there during the day.

rbnwdln Jan 19th, 2005 04:15 PM

We are paying 190 euro per night. Way more than a year and a helf ago, when we paid $175 American dollars per night. We thought THAT was high. I have also contacted the Portoghesi for rates and availability.

wvfan Jan 22nd, 2005 07:20 AM

We have a reservation for the Santa Chiara in June for three nights. We have a quad for 315 e. Still contemplating other hotels. Looking at Hotel Tiziano. Any reviews?

elaine Jan 22nd, 2005 07:43 AM

Loved the Santa Chiara, do as suggested and search on it here and at tripadvisor.com

Perfect location, small rooms (mine was anyway), great breakfast, all services, helpful staff.

Susan56 Jan 22nd, 2005 09:19 AM

We stayed there two years ago and loved it. Wonderful hotel and the location was great! We had a quad. Our rate was very low, but it was for a stay in February. I negotiated with the hotel and they lowered the rate for me. I heartily advocate telling a hotel that the rate is too steep, but that you would love to stay. It usually works! I just got a wonderful deal in Prague just for asking.