Albergo Del Senato vs. Hotel Grand Flora

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all the reviews on this site I made our reservations for May 04 at the Del Senato (265E with balcony). Now it seems I may have the opportunity to stay at the Flora with either the entire 6 days free or minimum 3 of the days free with Marriott points. How is the Flora's locations and overall service, etc..? I know it's not as central as the other hotel, but is it totally far off from everything you'd want to see or do as a first timer in Rome?

I kind of had my heart set on Del Senato after everything I've ready, but on the other hand it will be either free or a savings of almost 600 Euros.

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:14 PM

I wish I had your predicament. Anyway, if I were you (unfortunately, I am not), I would use the points for a few days' stay at the Flora. Then because I want to really stay at del Senato I'd pay for the balance of the stay there. You saved alot by getting the free nights. Just my opinion...
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:06 PM

The Marriott is located at the top of Via Veneto, right next to the Villa Borghese. From there it's about a 5 minute walk (or a 10-15 minute stroll) down Via Veneto to Piazza Barberini, or about a 10 minute walk to the top of the Spanish Steps.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 09:43 PM

We also stayed at The Flora using Marriott points and liked it very much. In reality it is a little bit out of the center of action, but as has been mentioned just a short walk away.
However at 325E per night you can use the money saved for a few night at del Senato.
May is a great time to visit Rome, great weather and moderate crowds.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:45 AM
ira

Hi rohani,

Consider how much time you will spend in your hotel room and decide if the Del Senato would be worth the money.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I don't plan to spend to much of my time in the hotel, but was just curious how far off it was from everything. If I can save a good chunk of money on the hotel that's just more to spend on shopping! I can always go back and stay at the Del Senato.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 08:24 PM

Having stayed at both these hotels, it's no question the del senato will be the place I stay from now on. Even with all my accumulated Marriott points, I chose to stay at the del senato. You just can't beat that view and location!!!!