Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Albergo del Senato v. Raphael Hotel in Rome

Old May 14th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Jon

I have a standard room at the Hotel Raphael booked for November. For the same rate I can get a junior suite overlooking the Pantheon at the Senato.
A search of the Senato offered little else than location information and the fact that it has quad rooms for families.
Can anyone offer more info on either hotel?
Thanks,
j.

Old May 14th, 2001, 03:33 PM
nancy

Jon,
try a word search, it brought up 23 posts, which means this hotel was at least mentioned in each of the threads.
Go to the Text Search Box which is at the top of the page, and type in albergo del senato, wait a couple, cause it loads slowly sometimes.
Good luck, and enjoy.

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Rex

I think that the Senato is an excellent choice. I had hoped to post information about it on Rants and Raves, but it isn't listed there.

I did post a "mini-review" just earlier today, on a thread titled "3-4 star hotel in Rome?" - - which I will top for you - - or you can read it at this URL - -

http://www.fodors.com/forums/crossro...messagesframe&

Best wishes,

Rex

Old May 15th, 2001, 07:49 AM
carol

The Raphael is a much more elegant hotel in a perfectly lovely location on its own little piazza right off the Piazza Navona. The Senato, while a very nice hotel is not in the same class as the Raphael, and I'm not crazy about its location on the Piazza della Rotunda, which is one of the most popular evening hangouts for the youth of Rome--it's the constant motorcycle noise that gets to me!

Old May 15th, 2001, 07:53 AM
carol

The Raphael is a much more elegant hotel in a perfectly lovely location on its own little piazza right off the Piazza Navona. It also has a famous rooftop restaurant. The Senato, while a very nice hotel is not in the same class as the Raphael, and I'm not crazy about its location on the Piazza della Rotunda, which is one of the most popular evening hangouts for the youth of Rome--it's the constant motorcycle noise that gets to me!