Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Albergo Del Senato : Please check out this price for airport pickup

Feb 27th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Hi,

We will be staying at Albergo del Senato in Rome, and the hotel offered a pickup service from FCO airport by limousine for 55E for 2 people (1 bag each). After looking up several different routes to get to this pantheon area hotel, this price seems good. Has anyone done this before? To those of you who know Rome well - does this seem like a good deal/worth the money?

thanks! ~emma
Feb 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM

With one bag each, you can take the train from FCO into Rome for a few euros, and a taxi to del Senato will cost you maybe 12 if traffic is bad.

Feb 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM

The Leonardo Express fare is 9.50 Euros each. So that plus a 12-Euro cab is 31 Euros. It might be worth the convenience of a pickup for 24 Euros.
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:22 PM

We booked a private car with limoservicerome. The car was a Mercedes, and they charged then 39 Euro, and I see now on their site the price is 45 Euro. So it's in the ballpark. You can use the one they will set up, or you can book yourself with limoservicerome and save 10 Euro. I used that company based on many recommendations here, and their service was excellent--met us outside customs in entrance hall with a sign with our name, right to the car and into Rome.
Feb 27th, 2006, 09:18 PM

I travel to Rome alot both for work and pleasure. I have done the train and the taxi many times. If you are going to be tired and your hotel is not close to Termini which would require you to use a taxi to your hotel from there-then go out to the curb at FCO and ask prices of the cab. Most of the ones that I have had lately,were between 40-45 euros for two persons with luggage and yes, some were even Mercedes.Just ask the price all inclusive and be sure to know what you street address it,etc. Most of the cabbies I have used from FCO were very decent and honest.
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:20 AM

We used this service provided by the Del Senato last summer, both to and from FCO. We were very pleased with the service and would avail ourselves of this in the future.
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:30 AM

Used Andrea's limoservicerome last time and will again this time. It's a perfect way to begin the holiday. Very little difference between that and a taxi price wise. We too are going to the del Senato.
Feb 28th, 2006, 11:15 AM

We too are staying at the Del Senato! any opinions on it?
Feb 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM

Albergo Del Senato is a truly wonderful hotel, and I've returned there many times. It's location is just superb and the hotel itself is wonderfully tasteful and soothing. I've not stayed in a finer 3-star anywhere in Italy, although I quite liked the Ca'Pisani in Venice.
Feb 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM

There have been many posts about Del Senato, and the only bad point is the large difference in the type of rooms for the same price. Apparently most are large and comfortable, but there are a few on each floor that are small and cramped. Don't be afraid to speak up if you find yourself in one of the small ones!
Feb 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM

We arranged an airport pickup with Albergo del Senato in 2004, for 4 people. I don't remember the cost, but it went smoothly and we were very satisfied with the service.
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:03 AM

The more people / bags that you have, the more sense it makes for an end to end pick-up service. The price for your limo seems reasonable.

For the well-studied adventurer, pumped up on adreneline (and little sleep) .... armed with a Streetwise Rome map ..... my wife and I (and three bags total) did travel the same route for less:

Leonardo Express to Termini 9.50 euro x 2 tix
Bus 64 at street level Termini - 1 euro x 2 tix TO Via Del Corso.

Walk 3 blocks to Piazza Della Rotonda

Total Price for 2 : 21 euro
Discovering Rome the hard way: Priceless

Mar 6th, 2006, 12:09 PM

I just returned from the Albergo Del Senato and I can't rave about it enough. We were given a corner room, so it is larger than some others. I suggest requesting as large a room as possible with a view of the Pantheon. There is nothing like looking out your window and seeing the Pantheon. Believe me, we were in our room a lot because it was so central to many places, and enjoyed the view tremendously. I forgot what car service we used, but we were only charge 35 Euro from the airport. I will check with my husband and post the name.