Alaska Airlines-Here's what happened

Aug 5th, 2001, 11:59 AM
julie

Alaska Airlines-Here's what happened

We were getting to S. Diego, and asked at the counter to purchase an upgrade. There was only one available, so my husband put it on his credit card and offered to let me have it whilst he sat in coach. When we were airborne and the steward asked what I would like to drink, I said "two wines, please". When he brought the first one, I arose and walked it back to my husband in coach. He came down on me like a ton of bricks, saying, "I don't appreciate your tricks~" "Tricks?" says I. Yeah, you know very well that while wine is complimentary in business, it is only for sale in coach. I says "pardon me" I thought I was entitled to two wines and decided to gift my husband as he was kind and courteous enough to let ME have the only business seat available on this flight. "None the less" he says, "It is a trick" and you can't get away with it. So I says"then let me buy him a drink" and flipped a $5 up on his tray. With that he back up and was never seen again. The stewardess in coach must have got wind, as she kept stopping by my husband's seat to drop a "complimentary" bottle of wine on his tray. What do you all make of this.

Aug 5th, 2001, 12:17 PM
wereyou

Sad story, but why post on the Euro forum?

Aug 5th, 2001, 12:22 PM
sowho

Julie or Phillis

Got something against Alaska Air?

Author: Phillis ([email protected])
Date: 5/31/2001, 12:30 pm ET

Message: Just thought to mention that air rage goes both ways. The stewardess and steward seem more rude and indifferent that ever before. I was seated in business, with my husband in coach, (we could only buy one business ticket--that's all that was available). I asked for two glasses of wine,and took one back to my husband. The steward had a fit, accused me of "playing games" and told my I was out of order. "the drinks are complimentary here and you are supposed to pay in coach! Stop playing these cute games with me!!!" I explained nicely that I was only trying to show my husband my appreciation for lettine me have the business class ticket and offered to pay for MY wine, just to make it even. WOw! What a fit over a glass of wine. Also had one guy spill a glass of tomato juice on my white dress, then chide me severely when I tried to stand up, saying "don't stand up, it will run all over the floor" THen he dissapeared and left me to deal with the mess. I thought my husband was going to hit him. So you see, AIR rage goes both ways.

Aug 5th, 2001, 01:37 PM
anon

I know I have seen this exact same story posted on the U.S. Forum. Why are you posting it here? What does your experience with Alaska Airlines have to do with European travel?

Aug 5th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Angel

OK are you Julie or Phillis? Or maybe your story is just a troll since it seems to have changed!
Don't believe Alaska Airlines flies to Europe. Why are you posting this on the Europe forum?
As far as all airlines go on a given day, there are always some employees who are not totally service minded. Did you explain to the flight attendent what you were doing BEFORE you took the first class offered drinks into coach?

Aug 5th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Les

This WAS posted in the US forum.
I said then that you were being dishonest, and re-posting the message in this totally unrelated forum doesn't change that. Why are you so proud to adverstise that you were cheating and got caught at it?

Aug 5th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Larry

Dear Julie:
To Les: it takes a small mind like yours to defend the penny ante antics of a mindless & rude employee. At what was Julie "caught?" Trying to be considerate? Depriving a billion dollar airline of 2 1/2 bucks?
THINK (if you can) before you criticize others. You may be revealing your own very limited perspective.

Aug 6th, 2001, 06:56 AM
chintzy

This goes both ways. Yes, the airline was a bit chintzy. But what about you: You were willing to drop a small fortune for the upgrade, but then try to smuggle $3 bottles of wine to your husband. I find you at least as distasteful as the airline employee (at least he/she isn't on the internet badmouthing you!).

Aug 6th, 2001, 07:03 AM
one side

Julie/Phyllis

What you did was wrong. if the attendant acted as you said then he was wrong too. But as our momma's used to say, two wrongs don't make you right.

Larry,
Of course we only have her side of the story.