Reload this Page >

Airport Transportation from Heathrow to our London hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 03:59 AM
Carol

We are leaving TuesdayMorning for London on British Airways arriving in heathrow at 8PM.Family of 4. Should we take a taxi from Heathrow to Hotel? How much will it cost?Any other suggestions for transportation at that time of the evening? Would appreciate response ASAP, since we'll be leaving our home in Maine around 5:00Am tomorrow morning!

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 06:01 AM
Kate

Depends where in London you're staying, but central London will cost about 20-25 UK Pounds in a taxi. Since there are 4 of you, it is probably the best option. You could take the underground (runs til about midnight) and will cost about 4 UK Pounds per person (less for children) but then you have to find your hotel yourself.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 06:51 AM
lisa

the heathrow express runs every half hour from heathrow into the city. i think the fare is about 10 lbs per person. it is your best direct route to paddington station, then you could either catch a cab from there (cheaper) or take the underground. its really your best option.

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 02:28 PM
Walter

<BR>With 4 of you, without a doubt take a taxi. I paid ~25 pounds from Russell Sq. to Heathrow. Regards, Walter

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 06:06 AM
Marie

Carol, <BR> <BR>I think the Fast Train from Heathrow to Paddington is the way to go. A taxi will cost about the same but it takes longer. Since you are arriving late in the evening and then customs, you might want the fastest way to get into London. The Fast train not the subway takes about 20-25 minutes. The taxi could take 40-45 minutes. Paddington station is quite close to Hyde Park to give an idea of how much farther you will need to go after that. Good Luck! <BR>

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 01:30 PM
Bob

Try the site, TERMINALLY HIP, for all airport info. you need.