Reload this Page >

Airport Taxi fare to 7th

Search

Airport Taxi fare to 7th

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 07:43 AM
Frank

Airport Taxi fare to 7th

I am planning to arrive CDG on Sunday 3rd and would like to know the approx. taxi fare to my hotel in the 7th. Thanks for any replies

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 07:51 AM
elaine

Frank, <BR>My general experience on taxis between CDG and the center of Paris is that the range is the equivalent of $35-$45 dollars, depending on traffic, weather, luck, zodiac sign, etc. With the improving dollar:franc ratio, you can hope for the low end of that range, or lower on a Sunday. There are additional tariffs for extra luggage and passengers.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 08:29 AM
Lori

Make sure that you negotiate the price up front and make sure the driver sticks to the price. Last November we negotiated the price, and then the cabbie took the long way around (having been to Paris many times I knew what he was up to). We refused to pay over the negotiated amount. He wasn't to happy but tough!

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 08:58 AM
elaine

I'll add that on my trips I've never negotiated the price in advance, and the price has been pretty consistent each time. I pay what is on the meter, plus a tip. Taxi tariffs are complicated in and around Paris. The airport is in a farther "zone" and therefore has a different distance rate that do rides within Paris. As mentioned, additional charges apply at night, with added luggage, etc. I've never felt taken advantage of, thankfully.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 09:31 AM
judy

Hi Frank, Did you think about using the"Paris Shuttle"? I think this has been discussed quite often here, and if you were interested you could do a inquiry on this site...we did a taxi from the Regent Hotel in the 6th to CDG for around 50$...Paris shuttle was 30$...Big differance, yes?

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Bob Brown

I used the shuttle last September and scheduled it again this year. <BR>You are given a toll free number to call and the receptionist tells you the gate at which to wait for the van. <BR>The fare could be anywhere from 300 to 400 ff depending on how long you are stuck in traffic and how much luggage you have.

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 08:00 PM
betsy

Ditto the shuttle. Great service <BR> <BR>Airport Shuttle: www.airportshuttle.fr/ <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR>Toll-free from U.S.: (888) 426-2705 Tel: 0145385572 Fax: 0143213567. Visa, MC. Hrs: 6am-8pm. 1st pickup for the airport is 4am and the last departure from the airport is 8pm. All the staff speak English. When you arrive at the airport, remember to call their toll-free number 0-800-505-610 before you collect your luggage. This gives their driver time to get to the pickup point before you go through customs. Cost 125F pp or 95F pp for 2 or more. Children ages 3-12 at 1/2 price. They usually make 4 stops in Paris, however, they try to arrange the stops close to each other to avoid having to take the passengers all over Paris before they get to their hotel. Any problems, contact Judy Nguyen or Mark Harris. I tried this service to and from the airport and had no problems either way. <BR> <BR>Bon voyage <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 03:45 AM
francesca

I really wouldn't try negotiating the price of a taxi in Paris, that would be a dead giveaway that you are a visitor. Most taxi drivers are honest here. If someone takes you for a ride, take down their license no. and ask your hotel to help you file a complaint.

Old Aug 31st, 2000, 06:23 AM
topper