Airport Hotel in Dublin?

Jun 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Airport Hotel in Dublin?

We're looking to book a hotel room at the Dublin airport the last night we're there and have had trouble finding anything with a room that accommodates a family of four. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be right at the airport, but convenient would be good. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Jun 18th, 2004, 09:36 AM

I presume you checked the Holiday Inn. The other one at the airport is the Great Southern I believe. The great Southern only has two family rooms. The other option would be a nearby B&B. Swords seems to be a popular choice and I'm sure there are a number of them with family rooms.

Bill
Jun 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Bill: Thanks for your response. I'm assuming that Swords is a small town, is that correct? Can you tell me where it is in relation to the airport?
Jun 19th, 2004, 02:00 PM

mexicobeachbum, Swords is a town just north of the airport. There are B&Bs there. I would recommend Brookfield Lodge, which has a large family room that should accommodate four people. There is no web site but the email is: [email protected] This B&B is very clean and about 10-15 minutes from the airport.
Jun 19th, 2004, 02:44 PM

Belcamp-Hutchinson a wonderful small inn....within 10 minutes of the Dublin airport!!
Doreen is an incredible hostess!!
She had breakfast ready for us at 5:30 am.....and perfect directions to the airport!
www.belcamphutchinson.com
Jun 21st, 2004, 12:19 AM

Stay in a B&B it will be nicer and much cheaper. All of the above mentioned seem like good choices.
Jun 21st, 2004, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the suggestions. We didn't really want to stay in a cold, impersonal airport hotel anyway.