Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Airplane travel from Rome to Prague
Notices

Airplane travel from Rome to Prague

Jul 8th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Airplane travel from Rome to Prague

I expect to fly from Rome to Prague on September 1st. I'd like to know if there is an advantage to purchasing flight tickets in advance?, If not I'd prefer buying either the day of departure or at least several days prior. Any advice? The same question applies to train travel from Prague to Berlin on September 4th. Thanks you!
Jul 8th, 2016, 04:47 PM

Earlier/sooner is almost always far less expensive than later/day of for trains and planes.
Jul 8th, 2016, 06:17 PM
J62

If you want to know prices, look at fares for tomorrow vs 2, or more weeks out.
Jul 8th, 2016, 06:23 PM

Presumably you are waiting because you might change your plans. But I see right now you can buy a plane ticket on Vueling, direct flight in the morning from FCO to PRG, for only $56 USD. For that price, I'd buy it now - it's almost certainly going to be a lot more if you buy it closer to September 1, and that price is almost cheap enough where you could throw it away if you want to change and pay 2X or 3X more a day or two before departure to go a different day. If it were $200 or $300, I'd probably wait until I was more certain.

The train from Prague to Berlin is the same idea: only about $20 USD to book it now for Sep 4. Why not book it now? If you wait, it could be closer to $70 last minute - and if you still need to do that, you can throw away your $20 ticket at the time, not much to lose.

Search this Thread