Reload this Page >

Airlines that have flights leaving the US that arrive in the UK at night

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Tim

Hello, everyone.<BR>Which airlines have flights that leave the US early morning and would get into England sometime in the evening? We would be leaving from Minneapolis-St. Paul. I'm sure we'd need to change planes in Chicago. I know American offers this on occasion.<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Amy

I'm not sure if they still do, but British Airways used to have a flight that left Boston around 8:20 a.m. and got to London around 7 p.m., I believe.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Rex

Almost very airline that flies from BOS or NYC to LON has one or a few planes with morning departures and evening arrivals. But they are a tiny percentage of the overall seats.<BR><BR>This was all discussed fairly thoroughly by travel columnist Ed Perkins within the past year:<BR><BR>http://www.smarterliving.com/columns/edsenior/column.php?id=1993<BR><BR>There might be one flight from ORD to LON leaving in the early morning.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 04:35 PM
AA

AA has one flight a day, it leaves around 9am and gets into Heathrow around 10pm from Chicago, They also have 2 flights out of JFK, at almost the same times. I believe United also has a morning flight from ORD with a connection in?(somewhere on the easy coast). I'm sure if you run your itinerary through Orbitz or Expedia you will find many more options.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Eric

I took such a flight 3 weeks ago on United from Washington Dulles to London. It's much better this way than flying overnight and arriving at 6am.<BR><BR>I believe that daytime flights to London originate in Chicago, Boston, NYC, and Washington DC. However I think only American offers such a flight from Chicago, the only city you can realistically use having to make a connection from MSP on the same day. The MSP departure would likely be around 6am.