Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Airlines flying between Scotland and Ireland

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Laura

Hello all, <BR>We are headed back to Ireland in mid-March for 11 days and are being a tad ambitious. Got a great bargain flight in and out of Dublin. Want to fly over to Edinburgh as soon as we land in Dublin, spend a night and two days there, then fly to Galway/Shannon area, tour 'round, then head back to Dublin to fly home. Any advice on airlines to choose for the trip to Edinburgh--any advice in general <BR>on flying into smaller regional airports? In the US this sometimes helps guarantee a lower fare. <BR> <BR>I greatly appreciate your advice. <BR>Cheers, <BR>Laura

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Kimerley

Laura, try www.ryanair.com <BR>www.go-fly.com and www,buzzaway.com

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 06:57 AM
moosh

www.ryanair.com <BR>your best bet £1 each way plus taxes

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Judy

Laura: We are doing the same thing in August! We are flying to Edinburgh, then to Killarney(for Dingle)then, finally out of Dublin! I think only Aer Lingus does this segment, but I am not sure! In fact, I have to make reservations soon! Let me know how it was...Judy

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Cathy

Laura, <BR>Ryanair flies to Scotland but only to Glasgow Preswick which is quite a distance outside Glasgow. To fly into Galway you may have to fly with Aer Arann as there was some publicity recently about Aer Lingus reducing their regional services, otherwise Aer Lingus to Shannon - but it may be quicker (allowing for connecting flights etc)to fly back to Dublin and then travel down to Shannon. Regional airports are not that cheap to fly into in Ireland unless it is with Ryanair. Aer Lingus will soon be introducing online booking on their web site. <BR> <BR>Hope you can manage to organise your flights, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 10:09 AM
frank

Some budget operators don't include airport tax in their published fares. <BR> <BR> Prestwick-Edinburgh should be about 2 hours by train,including change of station in Glasgow.Go from Central to Queen Street station,5 min walk or use shuttle bus.(only slow trains go to Edinburgh from Central) <BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Cara

I just got back from Ireland and Scotland. I found a very reasonable airfare from Dublin to Edinburgh and found it to be a very easy journey. The flight is less than an hour and you can get into the city centre of Edinburgh in less than 1/2 hour on one of the airport express buses.