Search

Airline tix throug Air France's French Site

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airline tix throug Air France's French Site

Hello all again,

In my constant effort to save money, I compared prices from flights from ORY to LDE using both Air France's French and USA sites. The French site was almost $120 cheaper. Can I buy my tickets through the French site since they offer eTickets?

My concern is the need for specific identification that may be different between the 2 sites.

Curious...alright, can anyone chime in on this one?

TIA
RJ
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 09:27 AM

I can't say for sure, but I would be a little leery of that because I think the taxes/fees can vary a little depending on your nationality.

Are you sure there is that big a price difference? I've done that kind of comparison, also, and the quotes for the air fare were virtually identical if you use the current official exchange rate. For example, right now on 3/11/06, a one-way flight ORY-LDE is 258 euro if you are French, and $324 if you are American. The total with taxes is 300 euro for French folks and $345 for US. That is actually cheaper in USD than euro, and it's because of the taxes and fees being lower on the US site.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Christina,

The difference is indeed over $100. Through the US site, the fare for 2 is $443 and through the French site, the fare is 283Euro (about $333). On the French site, the difference also lies in the ability to denote one is flying as a couple and since my wife is 24, I indicated that as well. Seems a little leery though, as you said.

I'll see if I can contact a travel agent in Paris to confirm.

RJ
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Found out that the "Family Fare" is also available on the USA site. So the price was the same (actually $7); just as you suspected. Had to do some extra searching for the family option, but I found it and saved $110!

RJ
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 02:12 PM

OK, how do you find the family option? I searched their US site and couldn't find it.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM

It could be when you click on 'More Options' on the main page and it'll bring you to a different screen but I'm not sure. Somewhere near the middle of the page it says something about special fares may be applied if the booking is with a partner or family. I didn't know about this or I could've taken advantage of it earlier.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:53 AM
ira

Hi rbnwdln,
>OK, how do you find the family option?

On the USA site, click "more options".

Just below the "number of passengers" is "Is this a booking for a trip with your family or your partner?
(special fares may apply)"

check the little box.