airfares to france

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 12:26 AM
Zoe

airfares to france

Does anyone out there know the average price for a ticket to Paris in October? My husband and I are having an argument over it. I say $600 is too much?

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 01:10 AM
tell us

It all depends on where you are flying from. What is the departure airport?

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 02:41 AM
straightenup

Check ALL airlines too -- Continental and Air France code share, and the Air France ticket is usually A LOT cheaper than Continental. One flight I looked at had Air France coming in at $800 LESS than Continental!! YES! Same flight, same day, same time, but not the same price. Another flight I checked was $300 cheaper through Air France than through Continental. Incredible.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 04:46 AM
elaine

If you want to see averages, try comparing air fares at expedia.com <BR>for your dates. $600, give or take <BR>$50 or so seems about typical to me--no real reductions until you get to November.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:30 AM
Robin

Zoe..try the Iceland air special that was advertised about a week ago. It's in the $500 range I think?? <BR> <BR>You can also try that new website <BR>www.orbitz.com. I haven't had a use for it yet but they advertise to have the most airlines and prices.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:39 AM
ellen

Just discovered www.sidestep.com. I found the lowest fares there.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:03 AM
lisa

Swiss Air & Sabena and some other carriers have been showing fares around $396 roundtrip from the Washington DC area for October, as has IcelandAir ($399 roundtrip from BWI). Those fares don't include tax. <BR> <BR>As someone else asked, where are you leaving from?