Airfare to Italy in October

Apr 19th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Airfare to Italy in October

Need to match an already obtained ticket (USAIR to Venice) for another couple to join us in Venice in October. Prices appear high right now ($932). Can I expect a price break or "fall deals" in the near future?
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:30 AM

I'm sorry but I have worked in the travel business a long time and that question can not be easily answered. Prices may go down but not for a specific flight. When a seat sale is posted...the flights are usually assigned a fare code. It will depend on how full the existing flight is as to whether there will be any seat sale seats available for that specific flight. If the flight is already quite full...then no additional seats will be available at the reduced prices. Seat sales are all inventory controlled and limited to a certain number. If you wait too long, you may be forced to travel on another flight in order to get a reasonable price or pay what ever the going rate is to travel on the same flight. It might be worth asking the airline how full the flight is now to gauge whether a seat sale seat would be feasible for future.
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:44 AM

I agree with the last person. If you are looking for any flight on a range of dates, I would say wait. When you are looking for one particular flight on one particular airline--how do you do in Las Vegas?
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:23 AM

I'm flying in October from Florida. A friend and I were trying to book together, I with a FF ticket on Delta and she purchasing a ticket. To get an itinerary that was workable for us together(into Rome out of Venice) she paid $1100. With fuel prices fluctuating wildly there's no telling what's going to happen. You have to decide whether and how much you're willing to pay to have your travel plans solidified.
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM

I know that 2 airlines in Canada so far have raised their fuel surcharges. Air Canada was already charging almost $200 on International tickets but with the cost of crude...it is likely to go up again. Good Point!