Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Airfare - JFK to Rome - $368 incl taxes - Eurofly - select dates in April and May

Airfare - JFK to Rome - $368 incl taxes - Eurofly - select dates in April and May

Old Jan 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I stumbled upon this $368 (including taxes) airfare from JFK to Rome for select dates in April and May. It's through Eurofly, which I have never used, so I can't recommend or anything, but the price seemed so good I wanted to let people know...

http://airfare.travelzoo.com/european-airfare/278798

Special Offer from Eurofly:
$299 -- Fly to Rome from New York (Roundtrip!) *

Top 20 deal - sells out quickly!
Travel dates: Select dates in April and May

By W.H. Chang
Travelzoo Staff

Say "Arrivederci!" to high prices for flights to Italy this spring: With an amazing special from Eurofly, travel between New York and Rome for only $299 roundtrip! There are an additional $69 in taxes, but the total is still less than the typical each-way cost for travel between these two majestic cities.

This special is valid for departures from New York's JFK on:
-April 21, 25-26 & 28
-May 3, 5 & 8

Complete your travel by May 13 and book by February 28 -- but with prices this low, we suggest that you book soon.

Click here to book online at Euroflyusa.com. Note: This promotion must be booked online.

Established in 1989, Eurofly is an Italian airline that serves destinations within Italy and in the United States, India, the Maldives, Egypt, Kenya, the Dominican Republic, and elsewhere. (Click here for more information about the airline, but be sure to use the first link when booking online.)

Travelzoo Tip: You can also return from Bologna, Milan, and Naples at the same price. For $100 more, you can return to New York from Palermo.

Old Jan 18th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
This is really fantastic. The only thing is that, as I understand from the following article in this morning's SFChron, the $299 deal is not available for purchase until Sunday (Jan. 21), and it's bookable online only. What a deal, though! The last time I paid this was flying Icelandic charter 1971. Amazing!

http://tinyurl.com/ytoamq

&quot; ... The $299 round-trip fare can be booked only on the airline's Web site (www.euroflyusa.com), and it can be <b>purchased starting Sunday</b>. The last date to make reservations and purchase tickets at the $299 price is Feb. 28.
The $299 includes the standard transatlantic fuel surcharge ($140) but does not include government-imposed taxes ($69), which transatlantic passengers to Italy pay on all airfares. Beyond that, you simply pay $299 -- less than you'd usually lay out to shuttle round trip between Boston and New York. ...&quot;

(Read the rest of the article for more details.)
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 12:54 AM

I purchased the fare for 2 of us on January 15th. I have also spoken with the company to verify all the information and it is for real. They issue paper tickets and assign seats at the airport. Other than that the planes have seatback screens and claim to be a bit more roomy and comfortable. I'm excited.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 03:00 AM

I visited their site a few minutes ago (7AM East Coast Jan 19) to see what I could get and it looks like you can BOOK RIGHT NOW. I got round trip NYC to Rome for $159 plus $209 in taxes (total $368) departing 25 April returning 8 May. I didn't complete the transaction. This is the charter section of Alitalia.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 11:07 AM

I also purchased my tickets on the 15th of this month ($368 total to Rome and return from Naples), so it is available now.