airfare from London to Amsterdam

Jul 1st, 2001, 12:06 PM
Darlene

airfare from London to Amsterdam

My daughter is away for the summer in London for school. (Rough life I know.) She would like to take a trip one weekend to Amsterdam. Can anyone suggest any airlines to use for this trip? She is on a budget so "cheap fares" alway work. Plus any advice on Amsterdam in general would be useful. Thanks.

Jul 1st, 2001, 01:47 PM
max

Try easyjet.com... they fly to and from and very good rates. Highly recommended.

Jul 1st, 2001, 04:11 PM
rusty

Right, Easyjet probably has the best deals; the rates have quite a spread depending on what day & time you go. They have about 6 flights a day out of the Luton airfield & 1 or 2 from gatwick. The Amsterdam airport (Schipol) has a train stop under the terminal & it's anout a 15 minute ride to Amsterdam cntraal station.

Jul 1st, 2001, 06:58 PM
Marija

Transavia is based in Amsterdam. They have very good rates.

Jul 1st, 2001, 10:01 PM
Sjoerd

The following airlines fly between London and Amsterdam: Easyjet (from Luton and Gatwick), British Midland (from Heathrow), British Airways (from Heathrow and Gatwick), KLM (from Heathrow) and KLM UK (from Stansted).
Costs and travel time from downtown London do these different airports varies greatly. Heathrow is the cheapest and most convenient airport. Transavia stopped flying this route.
At different times/days, any one of these airlines may have the cheapest fare. Your daughter should go to a good travel agent and book her flight there. In general, in Europe NEVER contact an airline directly but ALWAYS book flights via a travel agent. The only exception are the "no-service" airlines like Easyjet and Ryanair, whose fares can be looked up on the Web.
When I went to London from Amsterdam in April, I checked Easyjet's fare on the Web and then went to a travel agent who found me a much cheaper fare on British Midland.

Jul 1st, 2001, 10:02 PM
Sjoerd

I forgot to mention that KLM UK also fly from London City Airport. (which is the closest airport to the City)

Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:53 AM
Darlene

Thanks to all who replied. I will pass this info on to my daughter.