My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe this summer (July), and after months of debate, we've decided to forgo the "tour" route and plan the whole thing ourselves. While we're really excited about the whole process, we're terrified that we're somehow going to mess things up royally planning it on our own. But we're forging ahead anyways!
This is our plan so far:
Dates: July 8th-22nd (14 days)
Cities we're visiting: London, Paris, Rome (fly into London and out of Rome)
Budget: $8,000 (including airfare)
In wanting to keep our accommodations as budget-friendly as possible, but still wanting to experience the "charm" of Europe, we're hoping to go the "Airbnb" route for our lodging. I've read mixed reviews on Airbnb, but I think that the good has outweighed the bad, so that's what we've decided on.
Does anyone have any overall advice in regards to Airbnb? Or have any recommendations for specific Airbnb homes that they've stayed in in the cities listed above? Or any thoughts in general on our very basic plans thus far? I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 4 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 5 Ronda or Jerez
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 two days in rome
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Avignon
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Budget trip
- 21 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Provence Trip Report