Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Air from Paris to Malaga (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/air-from-paris-to-malaga-595125/)

LeeR Feb 28th, 2006 11:11 AM

Air from Paris to Malaga

I was wondering if anyone knows which is the cheapest way to fly from Paris to Malaga. I'm having a hard time finding a flight from Paris. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

laclaire Feb 28th, 2006 11:25 AM

look at:
vueling.com
rumbo.es

Those are my trusty websites for travel to Spain. Rumbo is only in Spanish.

LeeR Feb 28th, 2006 12:07 PM

Thanks I tried these, but I don't see a direct connection...anyone else have any other suggestions...am I better off flying going from Paris to London and flying to London or taking the train?

laclaire Feb 28th, 2006 12:16 PM

Where did London come from?

There probably are no direct flights from Malaga to Paris. . . Malaga is not a hub for Iberia or SpanAir, so you probably have to stop in Madrid or Barcelona.

Claire

Intrepid1 Feb 28th, 2006 12:25 PM

Vueling from Barcelona; EasyJet and Monarch from Gatwick
www.whichbudget.com

Andre Feb 28th, 2006 12:28 PM

Air France flies this route nonstop. If you book far enough in advance, you should be able to get a cheap return (under EUR 200 all in), which you can also just use half of if you only need to fly one way.

Hope this helps,
Andre

LeeR Mar 1st, 2006 06:02 AM

Thanks Andre for the response. When I do a search on Air France the ticket cost is approx. 1,100 canadian dollars! YIKE! Is there another way to get the pricing that you found...please let me know....

111op Mar 1st, 2006 06:20 AM

If all fails, go to Orbitz and price it there. I see connections via Madrid. Cheapest fare is $120. (I used random date of April 19 and priced a one-way leaving "Anytime".)

Expedia should offer these too.

As someone else mentioned, check whichbudget. Also EuropebyAir to see if there's a direct route if AF is too expensive.

WallyKringen Mar 1st, 2006 06:57 AM

You'd have to tell us more - dates, flexibility or not, etc.

Meanwhile look at www.kayak.com and www.skyscanner.net (brand-newly redesigned website, very flexible) - Condor flies Paris CDG to Malaga, so does Air Europa, possibly bmi depending on season, and various combinations of Lufthansa and BA via LHR cost in the USD220 range for the dummy-dates I input in March.

Hapag Lloyd flies out of Mulhouse to Malaga.

Also realize that many of the small airlines change seasonal schedules and dont post flights too far in advance, or if posted, sometimes they're not on sale yet.

You'll probably save money by flying via England - not necessarily London, so it's the old time-versus-money quandary.

But when are you going?

WK

blackduff Mar 1st, 2006 07:11 AM

Maybe worth looking into for Paris Beauvais Tillé. This can take you to Barcelona (actually to Girona). Then maybe you can find a flight direct to Malaga from Girona.

Blackduff

Intrepid1 Mar 1st, 2006 07:49 AM

there are no budget flights to there from Girona...only from Barcelona.

Andre Mar 1st, 2006 01:47 PM

LeeR,

From your answer, I take it you live in Canada - in that case, just head to:
www.airfrance.ca

As mentioned already, you MUST book a roundtrip ticket to get an acceptable fare - you don't actually need to use the return portion.

Hope this helps,
Andre