Air France CDG bus

Search

Air France CDG bus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air France CDG bus

I am trying to get from CDG to Les Invalides. The bus only goes to Gare Montparnasse. There is an Air France bus from Orly to Les Invalides that stops at Gare Montparnese. Does anyone think that Air France would let me transfer and if so for free?
Thanks Lewis
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 06:56 AM

Why not do yourself a favor and either take a taxi or the Metro onward from Montparnasse?
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 07:06 AM

Is there a reason you couldn't take the metro from Montparnasse to Invalides?
Line 13 goes between Montparnasse and Varenne, which is situated just east of Invalides.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 09:30 AM

no, I don't think so, but I'm not positive. They have set lines and routes, and I don't think want to spend the time with various people getting on at different points, etc. They won't want to fool with the luggage, probably, it would slow the route down to allow people on mid-route and have to fool with the cargo hold. They might if you didn't have any luggage you wanted stowed, it would be worth asking if you want to wait for one there. I am just speculating, but don't remember ever seeing anyone do that kind of thing.

I would also just take a taxi, it's not far and won't cost much. Alternatively, I think taking the Air France bus line to Porte Maillot where you can get on the RER A line directly to Invalides would be best, and not too difficult. It would be better than the metro from Montparnasse to Varenne, I think.

I'm sure you can go all the way to Orly and then get on the bus to Invalides, but that's a big waste of time (fare is 7.50 euro).
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 07:43 AM

Since you're okay with RER, I'd suggest the B line from CDG to St. Michel-Notre Dame and C to Invalides for the minimum of mode-switching. (RER A doesn't go to Invalides - it's on the right bank.)
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 08:07 AM

Interesting! The Air France use to go to Les Invalides from CDG..I wonder when they stopped.? Anyway...We were in Paris last week, were going to do the Paris Shuttle van,,,(at l8 euro apiece, for husband and I). Instead took a taxi both IN and OUT and it could not have been more simple, convenient , AND econonmical.
It was only 40 euro each way....and we had wonderful drivers, and being door to door was great. (we tipped 5 euro).
We did ask first about the price, and they ARE on meters, but it came out about what he said it would be. Make sure the taxi says "Parisean taxi" on the top.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 09:23 AM

Simple - yes.
Convenient - okay, since it <u>does</u> take you to your door.
Economical - I don't think so. &euro;45 with tip is pretty steep (especially for a solo traveler), when the RER will do it for &euro;7.85 - and get you to Invalides in 57 minutes.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 11:19 AM

I like Robespierre's RER B &amp; C route. However, if you want to take a bus at part of the way, take the Roissybus to Opera and then either take Metro line 8 (direction Balard) or a taxi from there to Invalides.
Old Nov 18th, 2004, 07:35 PM

Absolutely....if a solo traveler the taxi is not economical. If 2 or more persons it's the very BEST choice.
OR, if ,like me, one has a terrible knee then common sense takes over!