Aigues Mortes France

May 19th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Aigues Mortes France

I was there for 1 day in 2001 and loved the area. Has anyone stayed there overnight? Any hotel suggestions?
May 19th, 2003, 02:46 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Tempiers, a few doors down from The Camargue restaurant that has gypsy singers. There's a lovely couryard at the horel where our breakfast was served.
May 19th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Hi cigalechanta,
Would you mind my asking what price range the hotel is in?
I walked around in the castle walls and loved the shops. In the town itself are there any good shops or groceries stores? There is limited info online.
May 19th, 2003, 04:15 PM

At the time the rates were 450 to 750 now that was in francs and i think it was about $95 for our double and about 7 for breakfast. redit cards and air conditioning.We ate in the square so I can't tell you about grocery stores.
But alot of great shops. One sells knives where I bought a few of those famous opinel picnic knives. Another I bought my plastic fisherman sandels, and some food shops I do remember where I also bought the Camargue fleur de sel.
May 19th, 2003, 07:04 PM

If you have a car, you can easily do Aigues Mortes as a day trip from Montpellier. That was what I did when I visited my daughter in Montpellier 5 years ago (junior yr. abroad).

I would be interested to hear if anyone took the boat trip through the marsh. We didn't because it rained the day we went.
May 20th, 2003, 12:21 AM

Hi

Although Aigues Mortes has its share of art galleries and touristy shops, it is also a year round residential town. Within the walls are a full range of small shops. Just outside are supermarkets builders merchants etc.

Friends have recommended Mas des Sables, which is a few miles outside. Mas des Sables is a mid range hotel with bungalows in the extensive grounds. Restaurant, bar and pool etc; are in the old mas itself.

Bonne Chance

Peter
http://tlp.netfirms.com

May 20th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all that answered. I won't have a car there but I know I will enjoy the area.
Anyone else with some info?