Travel Tips in Paris

Search

Travel Tips in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Tips in Paris

Me and my wife are visiting Paris. We have booked Hotel Tiquetonne in Paris. This Hotel is near Metro station "Etienne Marcel" in Paris.

1. Please advise what is the best and cost effective route from CDG Airport to Hotel Tiquetonne.

2. Also advise how to travel from Hotel Tiquetonne to Gare De Lyon.

3. Does the metro stations in Paris have Escalator or Elevator facility at "Etienne Marcel".
chatur
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:22 PM

Is this just a matter of getting yourselves and your luggage there comfortably, or other mobility problems? The metro isn't very friendly in such circumstances. As far as I can tell from the "i" button for Etienne Marcel on the interactive map, there is no lift or escalator, which doesn't surprise me. You might want to familiarise yourself with the bus map on the official interactive plan:
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/

You could get the Roissybus from the airport to Opéra, where you can get bus 29 all the way to Etienne Marcel (bear in mind though, that the ordinary Paris buses can be crowded, if you have substantial luggage). Or you could get the RER from the airport to Chatelet-les-Halles and walk from there, rather than changing to the metro just to go the one (short) stop to Etienne Marcel: take the exit through the shopping centre (escalators up) to rue Pierre Lescot and turn left.

Likewise, to get from your hotel to the Gare de Lyon by train, you could just walk back to Chatelet-les-Halles for the RER, but bus 29 will also take you all the way (more slowly); it would be more convenient just to book a taxi.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:44 AM

I don't think that RATP i thing on the interactive map even indicates escalators, only elevators, it only makes reference to ascenseurs. RATP indicators those for their acessibilty information for disabled, but they don't indicate only escalators in that compilation because it is mainly to keep track of methods people in wheelchairs can use. This is their section where that info comes from, it lists all stations by whether they have elevators and some other accessibility options: http://www.ratp.fr/fr/ratp/c_23489/le-reseau-ferre/

But Etienne Marcel is a very small and old metro stop with only one entrance and it is stairs.
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Patrick and Christina.

Your guidance is valuable. It is much wiser to walk from Chatelet-les-halles. We would not heavy luggage but a suitcase with wheels.

The interactive map is very useful. Thanks.
chatur
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi PatricLondon,

The interactive site given by you is very good. I however need one advise from you.

I shall be staying near Etienne Marcel and plan to travel to Gare de Lyon on 16th June (Sunday) at about 7:00 A.M. I was considering to take Bus 29 as indicated by you. I hope at early hours the bus may not take very long time to travel as roads will not be crowded and being Sunday, office traffic will not be there. Thus I can save walking to Chatelet-les-Halles with luggage. Only thing I do not know is about frequency of Buses in Paris. Do they maintain some time schedules.

How much time it will take for bus to reach Gare de Lyon in your opinion at early hours.

chatur