Reload this Page >

Favorite restaurant in Rome??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 09:00 PM
Shelley

We are going to Rome in March and would appreciate any restaurant suggestions.<BR>Thank you!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Rex

Use the box listed above called "text search" and you will find a ton of up-to-date postings on various favorites. curiously enough, "restaurants rome" only yields 6 such "threads". "rome restaurants" will get you 29, with hundreds of individual postings.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Shelley

Thank you d=for the help!

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Jody

I find the search fuction almost totally useless as the data base is not frequently updated and it takes so long your trip may be over before you get results.<BR>here is a thread i copid , i will also try to top it for you. I found it most useful<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...ses=32&start=0

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Wayne

There are tons of good restaurants in Rome. I've noted my two favorites, which are not cheap, somewhere on this site before. To repeat: for a place where the beautiful people go, the proprietor has his own winery and raises his own meat and vegetable, go to Camponeschi, next to Piazza Farnese. For a wonderful continental dinner with an incomparable view over the city of Rome, try the La Terrazza restaurant atop the Hotel Eden, a couple of blocks off the Via Veneto. Having a cocktail and dinner while watching the sun set over the city is an unmatched experience. Have a good trip.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 10:48 PM
chris

Without a doubt, during our visit in May we really enjoyed the Osteria dell-ingegno, Piazza di Pietra 45 tel. 6780662 (near the Pantheon. More contemporary Italian food, divine, and very cheap. I think we paid about 130,000 lire for a 3 course meal with wine. In a city filled with good restaurants this was our favorite.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:49 AM
elaine

a previous thread on Rome restaurants has been floating to the top over the past few days. It has lots of suggestions, you don't have to do a Search, you can just scroll up or down.