Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Again with the Trenitalia questions! Sorry! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/again-with-the-trenitalia-questions-sorry-615548/)

rbnwdln May 14th, 2006 05:23 PM

Again with the Trenitalia questions! Sorry!

Sorry to belabor this but I'm still trying to book tickets! I have registered with the site and have been waiting all evening for an email to give me my password. I even went back later and put in my user name and asked to be sent the password. Again! No luck. Did anyone else have to wait for the password for this site?

nadoosh May 14th, 2006 05:38 PM

I booked our tickets with Trenitalia and had no problems.

Perhaps their computers are down or they shut them off at night...not sure about this.

victoria_reynolds May 14th, 2006 06:14 PM

Look in your junk or spam files to be sure you did not miss the email. Mine came from :

[email protected]

ira May 15th, 2006 08:29 AM

ttt

GattoBaci May 15th, 2006 02:49 PM

When I registered on trenitalia back in October of 2003, I remember waiting a few days for a reply e-mail with my password.

FainaAgain May 15th, 2006 03:24 PM

And it's not me asking this question! It's another "Again" ;)

rbnwdln May 15th, 2006 03:49 PM

OK, it's been over 24 hours and no password yet. I'm positive that when it arrives, if it arrives, the wonderful 29 euro fare will be gone. No wonder I'm freakin anxious.

Maire May 15th, 2006 04:06 PM

rbn - did you try registering all over again, in case it didn't go through?

And, I asked on another thread, I guess there's no choice, but Trenitalia asks for your full name and email, but it's not a secure site. Is this a problem?

mayber May 15th, 2006 10:16 PM

My friend who I am traveling with to Italy June 1st tried and tried to get through to buy our train tickets on the Trenitalia website and they never did send him a password. I tried a few days later on my computer and I got through without any problems and purchased our tickets from Venice to Rome and Rome to Milan for 29 Euros for First Class. I wouldn't wait any longer - maybe try another computer if you have access to one.

Good luck and I hope you can get the 29 Euro fare.

rbnwdln May 16th, 2006 07:40 PM

Did it! Finally got 4 tickets for 29 euros for second class Venice to Rome in June. Yay!

Maire May 16th, 2006 08:13 PM

That's great rbn! How did you finally get your password?

JDeQ May 17th, 2006 03:07 AM

I just registered and had a password from them in seconds.

Maire May 17th, 2006 06:35 AM

Wow. I registered yesterday, and I still don't have a password.

Maire May 17th, 2006 08:30 AM

Nope, I was wrong. I received password about 4 hours after, but it was buried in spam folder.

rbnwdln May 17th, 2006 08:53 AM

It never sent me my password to AOL. I had to set up a hotmail account and then found it there in a spam folder. Sheesh. Don't know how others got 29 for first class. I could only get it for second, which is fine.

Maire May 17th, 2006 01:49 PM

Yeah, I set up hotmail account, too. I only saw $39 first class, and $29 second class, and I hope those rates are available June 15 when I can book my tickets.

And, thanks again, Rbn for pointing out those fares. I don't think I would have even noticed them on the home page of Trenitalia, and would have just clicked "intera."